• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

22'/23' MDX Type S thoughts?

Still in a sports sedan but slowly growing interest to a sport SUV and the new MDX Type S has caught my eye although I may wait until the prices come down some.

Does anybody have one and can share their thoughts?

Still in a sports sedan but slowly growing interest to a sport SUV and the new MDX Type S has caught my eye although I may wait until the prices come down some.

Does anybody have one and can share their thoughts?

I have 8800 miles on my 22 Type Advance White/Black. Still beyond in love with it!

Pros:

Driving it is impressive, solid power and acceleration.
Handles great
Great styling, subjective of course
Inexpensive compared to European offerings
Loaded with great tech, adjustable suspension
Comfy as can be and great in bad weather

Cons:

Gas hog and a tiny tank, I feel like I'm always at a gas station.
Still expensive
112 mph top speed, not that I'm going that fast but still interesting
Infotainment sucks and it's hard to use
Could use 100 horsepower

I have 8800 miles on my 22 Type Advance White/Black. Still beyond in love with it!

Pros:

Driving it is impressive, solid power and acceleration.
Handles great
Great styling, subjective of course
Inexpensive compared to European offerings
Loaded with great tech, adjustable suspension
Comfy as can be and great in bad weather

Cons:

Gas hog and a tiny tank, I feel like I'm always at a gas station.
Still expensive
112 mph top speed, not that I'm going that fast but still interesting
Infotainment sucks and it's hard to use
Could use 100 horsepower
It has more than 100 HP, I thin you mean it could use 100 MORE. More is always better!!!

It has more than 100 HP, I thin you mean it could use 100 MORE. More is always better!!!
It’s a J37, it could be 100 HP, with 300 ft-lbs of torque!
I’m curious if the Top Speed is an insurance liability thing? I wonder when the insurance industry will crack down on super muscle cars (like Hellcats, Model S Platinums, etc) like they did in the late 80s with motorcycles?

I'm debating between this car and the Lexus RX/GX as the next family car. Does this car have climate controls in the rear seats? She sits in the back with the baby and is always asking me to adjust the temperature.

I'm debating between this car and the Lexus RX/GX as the next family car. Does this car have climate controls in the rear seats? She sits in the back with the baby and is always asking me to adjust the temperature.

Yep, great. My daughter is the same. I love the Type S, about to crack 20k miles.

Back