• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

235/40/17 - Who is using them?

I want to install some 235/40/17 tires on my front 17x8" wheels. Who is running this size. I imagine I will have some rubbing issues but is the car still driveable? Any 'fitting' tips?

yes, I got the same tire size on my rims(17x8.5")...they can still work if you're going at speeds of 15+mph, but they will rub if you do like a half turn at lower speeds...if you don't like hearing that rubbing, I suggest you take the inner fender lining out...its held by a few plastic clips & maybe 2 screws....it mostly rubs the rear part of the front fender... :wink:

djskyy said:
I suggest you take the inner fender lining out...
Just realize that if the fender well liners are removed, any rocks/pebbles your tires kick up will hit the insides of the fenders and may create dents... :eek:

nsxtasy said:
Just realize that if the fender well liners are removed, any rocks/pebbles your tires kick up will hit the insides of the fenders and may create dents... :eek:

I'm too busy, so I haven't removed mine yet....but, I'm sure you run to Home Depot and buy a plastic piece...and cut a custom fit on it.... :cool:

MarkB said:
I run SSR Comp 17x7.5 +42mm offset 235-35-17 17x9.5 +42mm 275-35-17 with no issues.

Are you serious? The 235/45/17 is far too tall for the front of the car and I can't understand how they fit. Do you use your car at the track or is it just a street machine? If the 235/45 fits the 235/40 will be easy :)

Back