• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$25 for a base Dyno run????

Hey Mile High Prime, heard about this the other day on KBPI so i called the shop to day to confirm. So here's the Deal...

DYNO PRO
5655 Gray Street Arvada, CO 80002
<table class="ts intrlu" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"><nobr>(303) 455-2443

</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>$25 base runs normally $75, the list starts at 830 1st come 1st serve.

If anyone else is interested PM me and maybe we can all roll down together

Colorado Prime you missed out today... Free philly cheese steaks, blown rear ends, and 888 hp cars were only some of hijinx that went on today and all for only $25. The weather was a bit cold but made for good DYNO pulls. I myself ran 232.9 w/ 191 lb ft tourqe at altitude (for those prime members that forget we lose a lot of ponies up here) stock w/ the exception of a comptech exhaust.

I think 230s at the wheels is normal for a stock NSX. The dyno software corrects/compensates for altitude/temp/etc so theoretically you should also dyno 233 at sea level...or at this altitude given another temp. Compensation is often indicated on the chart as a "correction factor."

What is a "blown rear end"?

Craig is correct, though different dyno's yield different results as well. I believe they use a Dynojet at Dynopro. My car made 235 on a Dynojet when stock. Anywhere from 230-240 is considered average for a 3.0.

A blown rear end... Willie B (from the morning show on 106.7) put his awesome z28 on the dyno and pushed it so hard the the blew all the seals in the rear end of his car (not sure what else this is called, where the rear axles connect to the drive shaft. here's a pic, http://www.nastyz28.com/2gcog/rearaxle.html)

That's the 1st i've heard about the dyno correcting for the altitude and not sure if i buy it. My 1st tuner car I had a '95 civic coup with and '95 integra GSR motor in it. Tuned in San Diego i had 193 hp naturally aspirated at the wheels, when i got stationed in Denver i took it to Mac Autosport to tune it for the altitude, I almost cried when i got i back in the 140s.

Sometimes the correction factor is listed on the dyno chart:

Sometimes not:

The top graph is Craig's, from a dynojet in Ft. Collins, it lists the correction as 1.22. The bottom graph is mine, from the Dynojet at Mac Autosport. The correction isn't listed but I remember it being around 20% (I always ask). I'm sure the dyno operator can turn off the correction and give raw, uncorrected numbers if desired. I imagine they generally leave it on to make customers happier with the results:)

Last edited:
Back