• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

25th Exotic Car Show and Concours d'Elegance in Denver

It’s that time of year again!

It’s time once again for the annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance, and I’m representing the NSX community on the show’s board.

For those of you new to the list, this is a car show is held every June to benefit Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, and it is one of their biggest fund raisers. This year is the 25th show they’ve held, so we’re planning a little something special for this year’s entrants. We expect to get about 400 of the most beautiful, historical, exotic, and classic cars from the Denver area, including about a dozen NSXs. This year, the show is on Sunday, June 8th from 9 until 2 at Arapahoe Community College.

Cerebral Palsy of Colorado helps 800 special needs children, ages six weeks to five years, right here in the Denver area, and this year we’re hoping to raise over $100,000 at this event.

We’d love for you to participate. You can register your car online at http://www.cpco.org/concours/index.htm. You’ll love the car they used for the icons }:)

We also could use a couple of volunteers to help us stage the cars the morning of the show.

I hope to see all of you from prior shows again, and I look forward to meeting some of the new owners in the Denver area.

Steve

Love the icons Steve!!! Great job. I hope I can make it up this year. It was sure fun the last time I was there. Maybe all the NSXers can have dinner Sat. night all together or something. I think I'm probably the last normally aspirated NSX around the area, so I can put my car on the back row next to the Hyundais or something, but I sure would like to see everyone from around here.

Love the icons Steve!!! Great job. I hope I can make it up this year. It was sure fun the last time I was there. Maybe all the NSXers can have dinner Sat. night all together or something. I think I'm probably the last normally aspirated NSX around the area, so I can put my car on the back row next to the Hyundais or something, but I sure would like to see everyone from around here.

Plenty of time to get boosted by June:)

Will

I have attended the event several years in a row, you NSX guys have always had a nice showing with some fine cars. I have added a stock 91 NSX to the garage in the past year and will probably not show it this year (I would be by the Hyundais as well :smile:) but would be interested in volunteering to help. Steve should I PM you?

Eric

This year, we've added something new.

It's called "Tour for the Kids", and it will be the day before the show, which is June 7.

The tour is about a 100 mile drive with fun stops along the way. Here is the scuedule:

7:00 to 8:15 - Breakfast at the Cherry Creek Country Club
8:15 to 9:00 - Drive to Cerebral Palsy of Colorado's new headquarters and school.
9:00 to 9:30 - At Cerebral Palsy of Colorado.
9:30 to 10:00 - Drive to the Cussler Museum.
10:00 to 11:15 - Tour the Cussler Museum.
11:15 to 12:15 PM - Drive to the Tanglewoods Restaurant.
12:15 to 1:15 PM - Lunch at the Tnaglewoods Restaurant.
1:15 to ??? Drive to the Club Auto Colorado Motor Sport Country Club for a wine and champagne celebration.

The cost is $125 for one, or $200 for two, and it includes all meals and museum admissions. I don't remember how many cars will be allowed on the trip, but I know it's first come, first served. This looks like a lot of fun, I only wish I was in town for it. :-(

Some links:

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/page.php?id=76

http://cusslermuseum.com/

For those who can't make this trip, there is still the car show itself on June 8. Last year's participants should already have sign up packets.

Jaraef: Welcome to the group! It's too bad we won't be able to see your car this year, but help at the show is always apreciated. Just PM me with your details, and I can pass it along to the volunteer coordinator.

Steve,

I've entered this show for the past three years and it is one of the most beautiful concours events anywhere in the US. The one thing I liked was the friendly atmosphere, especially with the NSX entrants. Sadly, I sold my show queen due to uninsured medical expense, but maybe next year. To all, if you want a great vacation, come to Denver in June, see the show and tour the state while you're here. (Spend some time hunting--Porsches, that is--on our twisty mountain highways. It's a world-class event and you'll find the NSX owners are more like a family. Ben Millspaugh 94 Automatic.

How about getting together for dinner the night before the show? Say, 7:00 pm at Rock Bottom Brewery at the south end of Denver?

Address is 9627 E. County Line Road Englewood, CO 80112

Will

:eek: there are nsx people in colorado!

looks like tons of fun.

How about getting together for dinner the night before the show? Say, 7:00 pm at Rock Bottom Brewery at the south end of Denver?

Address is 9627 E. County Line Road Englewood, CO 80112

Will
I'm planning on coming to the dinner.

Dinner on Sat the 7th at 7pm at Rock Bottom works for me as well. I will try and drag along my friend who has a 92 Black/Black.

so whos nsx's are boosted?
s2k forum was saying 4 out of the 7 nsxs there were boosted

so whos nsx's are boosted?
s2k forum was saying 4 out of the 7 nsxs there were boosted
Better question: Who's are not boosted? :wink:
(since that's the smaller number in this case)

Not being there I fall into neither category.

Seems to be a pretty regular statistic that whenever Colorado NSX'ers gather, 50% or so show up with artificial aspiration:)

We like our NSX's fast up here, also helps with the altitude losses:biggrin:

Back