• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.6L ScienceofSpeed Engine (NA Stroker)

This thread deserves a bump! Such good info on here. Did you ever settle on a redline (8200?) to get your last dyno numbers [MENTION=4055]Ponyboy[/MENTION]. With the ITBs did it still loose steam at the top or perhaps you held back going higher because of piston speed and valve train limits?

No pressure, but I'm curious if you could describe how the dyno curve looked towards redline and let us know why you stopped (rpm) where you did.

I've followed your footsteps and have these considerations to sort out soon ��

This thread deserves a bump! Such good info on here. Did you ever settle on a redline (8200?) to get your last dyno numbers [MENTION=4055]Ponyboy[/MENTION]. With the ITBs did it still loose steam at the top or perhaps you held back going higher because of piston speed and valve train limits?

No pressure, but I'm curious if you could describe how the dyno curve looked towards redline and let us know why you stopped (rpm) where you did.

I've followed your footsteps and have these considerations to sort out soon ��

Hey [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION], the last dyno (with ITBs and performed many years ago) showed peak hp, 360ish, at 7074 rpm. I hit the rev limiter at around 7.5k RPM (could be 7.6k RPM, I guess I need to check the tune to make sure). I didn't want an engine that needs to be rebuilt frequently, which reflects the desire to make the power plant as reliable as possible (considering piston speed, valve train, piston weight, rod ratio, rpm limits). The ITBs definitely opened up breathing at the top end of the rev range though the curve looks much the same as the previous graph (stock intake), which looks a lot like a stock 3.0 and 3.2.

I wouldn't be fearful of moving the RPM limit to 8k. Shifting at 7.5RPM is just natural for me now. FWIW, I've attempted to get the car retuned on Sunoco 260 GTX but no one locally wants to touch an AEM EMS for some reason.

Hope that helps!

totally helps!

I'm glad you agree with a notion i've been considering lately. The 3.6L feels quite good in the midrange that shifting past 7.5k feels maybe... too much if that makes sense. I also have short gears so perhaps that could be we share that sentiment. Like you're saying it feels like a natural shift point for the motor probably because the power band moved lower in the RPMs but also increased dramatically. For "dyno queen" purposes I was just curious if the power curve started to taper past 7k with the ITBs. I'll find out soon enough. It will be a game time decision if I decide to do a pull past 8k, 8.5k or 9k. Thanks for sharing and being so forthcoming with your help throughout the years. I only have 350 miles on my motor but this feels like the last of the mods.

Shawn, this question just occured to me. Are these (impressive!) numbers with or without the airbox cover?

i think I can sort of make out in the pic hooked up to the dyno it's got the airbox open
update: dyno'd yesterday...

nsx-dyno.JPG

close up of itbs and airbox:

nsx-itb.JPG

Final result on 91 octane, 369rwhp and 296rwftlbs. Estatic with the outcome - especially with the peak torque number. Haven't seen the dyno graph yet though. Chris says that throttle response is incredible.

Back