• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

30k incentive and future prices

So do you think they will keep the 30k incentive on the car past November and what does that mean for the future prices of new and used nsx?

i see used ones people have listed online for more than a new one, makes no sense when you can get brand new for less. I think you will see the incentive extended until they clear out the 2017 models, they might even increase it as winter is coming.

Audi did a similar thing on 2012 r8 models, big discounts before facelift model. Since nsx is new can’t imagine a facelift until 2019.

This might be a onetime deal to get the car into the market and then go back the old pricing if they can increase demand.

Who knows maybe they shut down production if they can’t sell. $30,000 per car for say 500 cars is $15,000,000. Drop in the bucket for them and maybe they view it as advertising. Do they make any others cars at this plant or just nsx?

I think the incentive will end and Acura will live with pokey sales for a while.

The incentive is doing the trick regarding bringing inventory levels down and getting some cars onto the street to be seen.

I live in the #3 market city in the US, and have never seen another registered one on the road (I saw one with dealer plates once on a Sunday).

We know they have cut production.

I have to believe they will try something else at some point in 2018 to move metal and my guess is it will be a friendly lease offer.

yep lets see how many custom order new cars in 2018....lets see if the incentives will be extended, or modified.Some high spec cars will be window dressing for a long time.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the "corporate sales meeting", they have to be wondering "what is wrong here". Most definitely the $30K will go away, will they be brash enough to "reprice" my 18...

I can't see a price change

I have been told they do not make money on the cars

They may just accept that the cars will go to a small number of folks who really care about having one

PMC only makes nsx, i can assure you plant production is down and some workers have been sent back to building civics....i still like it but goingto be very niche car

I keep wildly going back and forth about doing this. I'm quite satisfied with my 1999, but I'm also smitten by the new car, have been from the beginning. Yeah, I'm weird.

I'm think I'm finally going to get off my ass at mid-month and see what sort of deal I can get from the general manager and my salesman at my preferred dealer, who've both contacted me about the $30k "down payment assistance". He's got none in stock, so I presume the only way he'd be able to get one for me is a 2018 factory order. All I really want is a base car with alcantara seats and headliner, and XM, in a decent color that's not black or Curva red. If silver, that works out to $164k MSRP or so...so $30+k off + my 1999 in trade means a 5-year finance payment that's the same as a lease payment, something totally liveable.

My head is spinning....

If I don't do the deal, I may end up just keeping my 1999 for the duration. I think I'd be happy either way.

First world problems....

Perhaps expanding your search to some stores with ready to go cars and deals would be the way to go

No incentives on the 2018s as far as we know for now

I like having unique cars. I live in a town of about 100k and there are several Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens and plenty of Porsches. To my knowledge there is only one 930 and one NSX, and they are both in my garage. I'll take that :tongue:

I do think getting them out on the road, combined with increasingly positive reviews, could help 18 sales. However the loss of demo cars in the dealerships will hurt, so it could be a wash. If you aren't interested in the tech per se, you really have to drive the car a few times to get it.

They will drop the price under the veil of strong lease terms, not on the window sticker.

This is a great topic and thank you for posting, I'm also at present in the searching phase and have wonder about all the questions that's been raised. My guess is the incentives will continue until end of 2017 to moved these cars and herb them on the road for exposure the holidays are coming up so makes more since to continue until end of year, incentives will probably go away once 2018 model comes, production will drop dramatically if not already and pricing goes back to normal. My guess they will end production by 2020 and these cars will then be very sought after, just my 2 pennies

Incentives can only go up or stay the same. Unless of course they just don't want to sell any cars. The market knows this is a $125k + options car now, which is really where it was/should have been all along. Sales will be even worse than they were pre-incentives if they don't continue offering some sort of rebate.

No doubt production will slow, but they'll still want to move some units even if they move them at a relative loss.

Just look at GTR. There is always some big factory incentive on GTR, with bigger incentives on last year's units. If you're preordering the next model year before it releases, yeah you might miss out, but buying the current model year or past model year has always had a big factory Nissan incentive for years now.

My guess they will end production by 2020 and these cars will then be very sought after, just my 2 pennies

Maybe in 20 years down the road.....before that go back in recent history - think ZDX

Fix the front ---> Increase sales.🏷

Are you going to like the pentagon grill?

A beak is an inherently good design element, following nature (birds)

Most of the Acura beaks are lousy but the NSX beak is just fine

I like the pentagon grille.

The NSX's Beak seems the least intrusive of all the recent Acuras. It's almost tolerable.

I like the pentagon grille.

The NSX's Beak seems the least intrusive of all the recent Acuras. It's almost tolerable.
I'm not in to 'almost'. :wink:

Incentives can only go up or stay the same. Unless of course they just don't want to sell any cars. The market knows this is a $125k + options car now, which is really where it was/should have been all along. Sales will be even worse than they were pre-incentives if they don't continue offering some sort of rebate.

Cold hard truth.

Fix the front ---> Increase sales.

Agreed!

IMO pentagon grill would be branding mistake in this particular case. Normally it would be a great and often needed move for a manufacturer, but at the current juncture of Acura's brand they are not like other carmakers where their associate cars are revered as great design/desired/coveted/etc. by their supposed 1% target audience. This is important. They would essentially repeat their previous move with the beak except this would be technically more risky because it's before the pentagon has even been proven to increase sales for the lineup.

The NSX's Beak seems the least intrusive of all the recent Acuras.
I agree. It boils down to a fundamental difference in approach to branding. Obviously Acura's branding strategists believe that in order to bolster the brand, they need to have a grill on their flagship shared by all their other cars (whether beak or pentagon). This would normally be true, but not if your regular lineup is severely struggling therefore putting the cart before the horse. The other approach (after recognizing this) would be that it is more prudent to have a highly desired flagship without enforcing subjective design constraints. And by doing so you instead wager on that desirability quotient to generate the magic trickle down onto their remaining lineup (like the gen 1 did without matching the lineup) instead of banking on a pentagonal piece of plastic to do the job.

Last edited:
Once you give out crack it's hard to take it away. I think Honda used up their last bullet with this discount. The value of the car is diminished, though one could argue the value was $0 if no one was buying them to begin with. I personally think it's priced appropriately (after recent discounts) to compete in the marketplace. It's a great driving car... everything else.. well.. it's not exactly stellar to compete at boutique supercar price points. In order to resume the old MSRP they have to provide more value. This means update the mediocre interior. Create some kind of GT3/R variant or do whatever to show the consumer they are getting more.

At this rate getting the same old 2017 car in 2018 at the same old high price but justify it because it's now all made-to-order? Give me a break Honda... You offer less than 10 colors. The car is effectively a 1 trim car. Porsche has something like 1000+ colors. They have over a dozen trim levels. Even the Mac 570 can be had with various MSO options.

They want to not be an Acura brand but they are certainly still acting like an Acura brand.

The car is good. It drives great. It makes sense at $30k off MSRP or more. The market has spoken. There are buyers at this price point.. not so much if pushed back to old pricing levels. Easy as pie but Honda's marketing team has been on vacation for years.

$0.02.

Last edited:
I have no idea if it is safe to do so but how much reliability would be sacrificed if they turned up the boost and have the ice make 650hp? add the 73 hp from the electric motors for 723 total and i think honda would have a runaway sales success if that was ~$200k

to compete at 200k for the general public.....not to those reading nsx prime:wink:....the car needs to be made to look and feel more exotic/special.....if that means more power/more interior and color options/more diffffusssaaaaaa...then do it...or keep it as is at the new price point...and call it the everyday dd sports car.

to compete at 200k for the general public.....not to those reading nsx prime:wink:....the car needs to be made to look and feel more exotic/special.....if that means more power/more interior and color options/more diffffusssaaaaaa...then do it...or keep it as is at the new price point...and call it the everyday dd sports car.

At $155k fully loaded, like my Gen2, the car can easily compete with the a comparably priced 911. The car is so easy to drive and in five to ten years it will be seen as a game changer. Just like the Gen1. Ferrari is even going to start building hybrid/V6-TT cars so we'll just have to wait to see how the market responds.

Back