• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

30k incentive and future prices

i think 2019 will be a slow year and then 2020 will be the refresh. My guess is power output similar to that of the SOS dream car.

2018 should be interesting with the new ordering process. There will be FAR less showroom inventory.

If that is what you think the power increase will be I would say dont bother. 37 hp isn't going to result in a mad rush of buyers. get it to 700+ and I'll add another nsx (used of course unlesss I get 30% off again)

Last edited:
If that is what you think the power increase will be I would say don't bother. 37 hp isn't going to result in a mad rush of buyers. get it to 700+

^^^This^^^

October NSX sales showed a strong rebound. 26 were sold in September and 67 in October. The discounts are starting to move cars and inventory is being cleared. If Acura limits production and doesn't flood the market next year, prices should rebound. Now seems to be the bottom!
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/07/acura-nsx-sales-figures-usa-canada/
you mentioned that "If Acura limits production and doesn't flood the market next year, prices should rebound."... that was your point I was replying to. I'm respectfully disagreeing by saying it's not an inventory quantity issue. They could build 50 next year or 5,000 it won't matter because it's still too expensive and asking prices might rebound but sold prices will not. There is some price appreciation characteristics simply by being "rare" if they do decide to build a very small amount but that's not really my point because Acura wants to sell in a relative high amount of volume. I think the capacity of the factory is sub 1,000 units a year IIRC.

In your 2nd post I think you mentioned it's a pricing issue which I agree with.

Not trying to be argumentative, but wanted to clarify.

They could build 50 next year or 5,000 it won't matter because it's still too expensive and asking prices might rebound but sold prices will not.

^^^THIS^^^

The market has spoken, it is a $120K-$140K car PERIOD :cool:

you mentioned that "If Acura limits production and doesn't flood the market next year, prices should rebound."... that was your point I was replying to. I'm respectfully disagreeing by saying it's not an inventory quantity issue. They could build 50 next year or 5,000 it won't matter because it's still too expensive and asking prices might rebound but sold prices will not. There is some price appreciation characteristics simply by being "rare" if they do decide to build a very small amount but that's not really my point because Acura wants to sell in a relative high amount of volume. I think the capacity of the factory is sub 1,000 units a year IIRC.

In your 2nd post I think you mentioned it's a pricing issue which I agree with.

Not trying to be argumentative, but wanted to clarify.

I think we probably agree more than we disagree. :) I think Acura botched on the initial pricing on the car and could've simply salvaged the situation by drastically cutting production. Just Econ 101. Imagine if there were only 50 unsold 2017s on the market right now, we probably wouldn't be talking about these huge discounts. There will always people willing to pay $180k for it, but just not too many of them.

On that note... anything with a 6 in front sounds better than a 5 :)

But let it be the 1st time we get all the bragging rights for performance #s along with the reliability that is expected. I just want to be #1 in 2 out of 3 of the following- Performance, reliability, looks. Any combination of reliability with either 2 will do

But let it be the 1st time we get all the bragging rights for performance #s along with the reliability that is expected. I just want to be #1 in 2 out of 3 of the following- Performance, reliability, looks. Any combination of reliability with either 2 will do
My ranking would be reliability, looks, performance but all three would have to be awful close!

Honda appears to have squeezed out just above the magic 300HP mark on the Civic Type R. Albeit it has cooling issues now... I wonder if, internally within Honda, they decided it was worth the risk. I think it was from a business standpoint. I wonder if the NSX team could have squeeze a few more PSI of boost to break over the 600 mark and simply risk the <10% of consumers who abuse it at the track. SIGH.............................. I guess it's just fun to pontificate

Back