• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

30th annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance

I hope we've seen the last of the winter weather for the year. Now that spring is back, it's time to look forward to the Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance at ACC. This year's show is Sunday Jun 9th 2013 from 9 to 3. There is more information at http://www.cpco.org/concours/index.htm. The link to sign up is not yet on the CP web site, because we want to give our clubs a chance to register before we open it up to the public. The registration link is http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=keqndscab&oeidk=a07e74x8v6m9464045f. The deadline for registration is May 24. There is one important change to the registration process this year: there is a good chance that we won't be doing "day-of" registration because the large number of cars we're expecting this year, which means that cars that don't make the 5-24 deadline may not be able to join us.

As in previous years, I'd like to pool our money together to get a tent. I've reserved one to be set up with our cars. We can have a table as well if we want one. It might be a neat place to display NSX memorabilia. If we don't have enough to set up a display, then we might be better off without the table so we can fit more chairs in the shade. Please let me know what you think.

This year there are several significant anniversaries in the Porsche world. It is the 50th anniversary of the 911, the 60th anniversary of the first Porsche club, and the 65th anniversary of the 356 and Porsche itself. The Porsche club was one of the clubs that started the CP show 30 years ago, so we are featuring the Porsche at this year's event.

For those who are new to the area, this Concours is held every June to benefit Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, and it is one of their biggest fund raisers. It is also becoming one of the premier car shows in the rocky mountain region. We expect to get about 450 of the most beautiful, historical, exotic, and classic cars from the Denver area, including about a dozen NSXs. You never know what kind of cars will show up. In the past, we’ve had Bugattis, Rolls Royces, Gullwing Mercedes, even an Enzo. Last year, we featured cars of the Colorado Grand, and we had some wonderful race cars, including Mario Andretti's Ford GT40.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again

Steve

I got my registration this week in the mail. It is a great show, last year was my first I don't know how many times I went back over to the Ford GT/ Pantera section. Look forward to this year.
Bob

Just a friendly reminder that the early registration deadline is May 24, and we might not have day-of registration this year. It looks like we have 5 cars signed up so far.

Also, for those who have been to the show in the past, we're making a change in how the cars enter the field. In the past, we've entered from the south. This year, we're entering from the north, and we'll need to go behind the college itself to get there. There should be detailed information about the new entry in the registration packets when they are sent out.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again,

Steve

Update: We have 8 NSXes signed up so far. Since we still have some space available for this year's show, we will be able to do "day of" registrations for those who still want to attend.

For those who have attended shows in the past, there is a big change in how cars get onto the field. This year, we need to turn off of Santa Fe on Church St. at the north end of the ACC campus, then turn right on Nevada on the east side of the campus. This new layout will give us more space to work with, and it will avoid problems on Santa Fe.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Steve

Back