• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

320K mile 95!

^lol.

The seats or floor mats don’t look like they have endured 320k miles either, or 1/3 that for that matter. :eek:

I went to see the car and rode in it. Impressive condition for the mileage. Very knowledgable owner. Taught me a trick or two about maintenance!

Check your PM...

But in short, he made it so he could remove the clock/radio fuse out of the box for easy de-powering. Goal was to reduce current flow to parts that go bad. The other was generous use of Shin-Etsu grease on the targa seals.

Last edited:
I went to see the car and rode in it. Impressive condition for the mileage. Very knowledgable owner. Taught me a trick or two about maintenance!

Did you ask him about original brakes ? I would ask him how many times the car hit Vtec. Looks really great for the mileage. This should be in Honda museum.

I second the use of Shin-Etsu on the Targa seals, and indeed all rubber seals, I apply this one per year, very thin layer.

Bram
Me too. Though I tend to leave too much behind and make a mess of things.
Just spoke to him again - he really is a nice guy and very knowledgable. I do think all the wearable parts must be original as crazy as that sounds. He did upgrade the head unit to a newer model (like 2005) from Japan. And he had the wheels chromed.

Amazing! According to the maint records my 95 still has the original front brakes from the factory. I thought maybe it was just an oversight; but maybe they really are the original pads!

Back