• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4/24 Track Event Update

Just the two week warning that time is running out to get your NSX prepared for the track event on the 24th! If you have either been to or expressed a vague interest to your subconscious about seeing what your NSX can do at a track, (as compared to a scenic drive) and can't face the annual trek to NSXPO this year then it is time to get off your butt and check it out! These cars were not made to sit in the garage. (ok-ok, some were :D)

No NSXCA support this time & no NSX only race since not enough NSX drivers entered to make the event an "NSX only" event - but we can still have fun.

Held at one of the safest tracks in the SW area, (no concrete to hit) these events are also the best deal going in terms of the amount of track time you get per $1.00 invested. What else can you do outside for $30.00/hour that is this much fun? The usual perfect weather expected too:

"Mostly Sunny; 78°/52°; 10% humidity"

The current NSX driving Players:

NSX's:
<li>Mark Johnson (Trophy Series NSX) [296 ALL NA RWHP]
<li>Dan Mangan (NSX)
<li>John Sutton (NSX)
<li>Michael Ring (NSX)
<li>MAD MAX (Bi Plane NSX)
<li>Mark & Trevor Allan (OTC Spec NSX) [539 SC'd RWHP]
<li>Greg Hardee ("I'm just happy it still runs" NSX)
<li>Alex "G-Man" Vizcarra (GruppeM NSX) [400+ SC'd RWHP]
<li>Bruce Robertson (T-toppin NSX)
<li>Jeff Schranz (T-toppin NSX)
<li>Lancelot Dais (NSX)
<li>Si Tang (NSX)
<li>John ("D" Deathrace) Stull (NSX)
<li>Your Name Here!

You just have enough time left too:

1) make the decision to sign up
2) send in your dough
3) tech your car
4) find a friend to come along and share the glory!

all the info you need is posted here:

TRACK EVENT INFO PAGE

We will have a magazine writer there taking pix and snooping for some good track smack talk, so come out and maybe you will get your name in print!

4-5 (depending upon how things go in the next 2 weeks) hot race NSX's will be there showing off their stuff; (no racing mind you - just a little fun) so if you want to see how fast your car could go if you started smoking the go-fast crack pipe - this is a good place to find out without spending any money.

I hope that some of you can make it and if you have a friend or 2 that wants to come that's great too.

I heard today that 4-5 Radicals & a couple of Ferrarristies might join us......

Have a good Easter!

Just signed up for this event. I think with that many experienced driver at that event, I'd have no problem finding someone to be my instructor.

Last time I checked, there were people interested, but only a couple more have signed up since. Hope to see more familiar faces out there.

Just called some of the hotels there and noticed that there is no rooms available anywhere in Pahrump. If someone got a room with 2 beds and don't mind a roomate, I'll be happy to split the room expenses. Otherwise, I'll have to drive out there at 4:30 am that day. 150-180 track miles plus 550 miles on the freeway in 1 day is going to be tough. It'll be nice to caravan with someone.

Last edited:
CDub said:
Just called some of the hotels there and noticed that there is no rooms available anywhere in Pahrump.
What about at Stateline or in Jean?

ss_md said:
What about at Stateline or in Jean?

Buffalo Bills at the state line is an option. There are also lots of Hotel listings here

we have a decent showing of NSX's now:

NSX's:
Mark Johnson (Trophy Series NSX)
Dan Mangan (NSX)
John Sutton (NSX)
Michael Ring (NSX)
MAD MAX (Bi Plane NSX)
Mark & Trevor Allan (OTC Spec NSX)
Greg Hardee ("I'm just happy it still runs" NSX)
Alex "G-Man" Vizcarra (GruppeM NSX)
Jeff Schranz (T-toppin NSX)
Lancelot Dais (NSX)
Si Tang (NSX)
John ("D" Deathrace) Stull (NSX)
Cliff Bourland (NSX)
Chris Wong (NSX)
Your Name Here!
....and there is always room for a few more! :D

OK, I'm planning to head out at 4:30am tomorrow morning. It is going to be a lot of driving in one day. 550 highway miles and around 150-180 track miles.

Any recommendation on where to refuel before I reach the track? I figure 3/4 tank should be enough for the day on the track.

I can refuel either in Pahrump or Baker. Suggestions?

Chris

Back