• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th annual NSX Canyon Drive!!! Sunday, June 12th, 2005

Good news:
I won this EVO in the raffle.
Bad news:
I lost the pink slip to the NSX in the post-lunch race.

Attachments

• NSX-EVO.jpg
    NSX-EVO.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 239
Well, the part the needed showed up to today...hopefully I'll have a huge grin on my face by Friday!
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Onsoku

Sunday was the longest day I've had to endure in a long time...:frown:

=============
<I>Reply-To: <[email protected]></I>
<I>From: "Applied Motorsports" <[email protected]></I>
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: "Eric Haynes" <[email protected]>
Subject: Supercharger Snag
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:46:58 -0700

Hi Robert,

I have bad news. The car will not be ready tonight. We were on schedule
for it, but ran into a problem this morning.

Looks like we received the wrong manifold intake pipe (between throttle body
and blower). The early (91-94) models require two idle valves to be
relocated from the oem manifold to the new Comptech manifold.

The picture below, titled 1991-1994 shows both valves attached to the
intake pipe between the blower and throrrle body.

Unfortunately the pipe we received looks identical to the 95 and up picture
and will not support both valves.

I called Comptech on it this morning and am currently waiting for a call
back to see how they they are going to handle this and how soon we can get
the correct one.

Nick Eustace
Applied Motorsports, Inc.
215 Via El Centro
Oceanside, CA 92054
760-439-0959
www.appliedmotorsports.com
=================

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
We would like to first thank the people who helped me with the cordination of the drive (in no particular order).

ss_md (Scott) It was nice talking to you about 20 times a day for a couple of weeks, getting everything sorted out.

SoCalNSX (Dave) I really appreciate you collecting the monies and keeping the paid list in order.

NSXTC (Marc) For being the leader of the pack. You'd be the first to get a ticket (if we were speeding)

John Martin Showed up early and teched every NSX, and actually found 2 NSX's that I almost sent home (after some pleading by the owners). Tires were marginal, to say the least.

I appreciate all the well wishes and offers to help in the future! Without you guys, it would have been just some empty canyons, lonely roads and an empty restaurant (they opened 3hrs early for us). Tina and I had a great time and found the NSX as fun as ever! (with child at the in-laws) After some new Goodyear F1 GS-D3's and some SOS sways, I found the feel and control of my NSX to the be perfect and very, very balanced.

I'm glad that the only incident was a flat tire, caused by a rock. A V was created in the wheel and the tire wasn't happy and went flat. Steve Riter came to the rescue with his spare (owners spare was at home, to save weight).

It was a typical California summer day (mid 70's) and although we did get lost, it was all fun and there wasn't a dull moment all day long. Starting at around 8am and finishing at 3 ish. It felt like about 2hrs!!!

Take care everyone,
John and Tina :smile:

Back