• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6 (six) CD changer (2002) OEM NSX-T

12 June 09
Friday

Subject: 6 (six) CD changer (2002) OEM NSX-T

Because I am "computer challenged," this may not be what is considered to be an item that should appear under the category of "Post New Thread." However, I could not find a posting under this specific title.

In March 2009, I purchased a 2002 NSX-T with 14,317 actual miles. This car is in pristine condition. Prior to purchasing this NSX-T from the second owner, I did not check the 6 (six) CD changer.

Until today, I never attempted to play the 6 (six) CD changer. After having lunch with a friend who is an owner of two (2) 1991 NSX's, I asked him how to play the CD changer. He did not know how to play the CD changer, nor did he know whether it worked or did not work.

I did not know until today the CD changer did not work, as this is the first car I have ever owned with a six (6) CD changer. Had the CD changer worked, I still would not have known how to use it.

After lunch today, I went to Kearney Mesa Acura, the Acura dealer in San Diego, CA. I asked them if they could show me how to play my CD player. When they saw the Error Message Display: E-01, they wanted to charge me $107.00 dollars simply to check the codes. The customer service manager printed the:
CD Changer Error Messages

Error Cause Solution
malfunction Consult your dealer

E-02
E-03
E-04
E-05
E-06
E-07
- - -H
E-EE
- - - -
My screen reflected Error Message (code) E-01. There are CD's inside the window of my CD changer, however the window will not open. I cannot tell whether there is power to the unit.

I have since telephoned another friend with a 1992 NSX. He told me he has had to have his CD changer R & R (removed and replaced) on two occasions. Each time, he went to a local stereo shop in the San Diego area. This shop R & R(ed) his unit on an exchange basis, and on each occasions charged this customer $350.00. Therefore, he has shelled out $700.00 in four years!

Which firm manufactured this 6 (6) CD changer? Was it Alpine, Bose or another manufacturer? How could Acura (American Honda Motor Co., Inc. in USA) have installed an OEM unit as extremely poorly made as the OEM units in the 1991-2005 Acura NSX & NSX-T?

I hope this does not appear as a rant, as that has never been my goal. I am an extremely low key gentleman. I always attempt to utilize a problem with an analytical mind. However, if you remember what Peter Finch stated in the movie Network. . ."I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore."

My email address is: [email protected]
My user name is: catalinakid
My telephone numbers are:
Mobile:619-980-4586
Residence: 858-454-2628

What can I do with regard to error message E-01?

I would be most appreciative if you would telephone me, rather than sending email. Your cooperation is most appreciative. Many thanks for everything.

All the very best,
Howard
Howard G. Singer
Mobile: 619-980-4586
Residence: 858-454-2628

Last edited:
1.) the changer is made by Alpine
2.) I assume disks are loading correctly. (the changer has power)
3.) ensure the disks are right side up.
4.) remove the clock fuse and replace. (this wil reset the Bose head unit and the changer.)(fuse in under the hood)
5.) try and use the changer while someone else listens to see if the changer is actually trying to function. (could just be an electrical connection issue.)
6.) Disk changers are mechanical devices. They will fail eventually. Mine has been replaced once in 18 years as well.
6.) find someone with an NSX than can try your changer in their car.
7.) if you cannot get it to function, try a ipod adapter for less money than sevicing the unit. Grom=$80.00. USA-Spec=$120.00.
see:http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121560

good luck

Back