• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6 speed manual for manual swap

Pm the usual euro suspects.....Kaz, Detlif, Adnan...ect

Yep^^^^^^^^^^^...sorry for the omission of another great Euro recourses....

He will do the swap for me, everything is arranged. We both are on the hunt for a manual transmission because his stock is empty.

That's fantastic news. Now to find a 6-speed. Christian should be able to do what the Japan shops do- order all the parts separately and assemble the unit locally in Austria. However, I believe a few of the 6-speed gears are on backorder at present.

That's fantastic news. Now to find a 6-speed. Christian should be able to do what the Japan shops do- order all the parts separately and assemble the unit locally in Austria. However, I believe a few of the 6-speed gears are on backorder at present.

this the plan B… the swap is planned after the summer. So there are few more month to come. I will drive the car as an automatic during the summer. I can pick up the car in april. I have to wait until the salt on the streets is flushed away.

I‘m so happy that I found this forum. Thank you for the help!

Didn't realize that was an option. I'd hate/love to see that parts list! Every single bolt, washer, and everything has to be ordered individually. That's nuts just thinking about it but great to hear it's an option. I'm glad I grabbed my 6spd when it came up for sale.

Didn't realize that was an option. I'd hate/love to see that parts list! Every single bolt, washer, and everything has to be ordered individually. That's nuts just thinking about it but great to hear it's an option. I'm glad I grabbed my 6spd when it came up for sale.

This is how RFY and T3TEC do it- crazy, right? I am kicking myself for not grabbing a 6-speed I saw years ago for $1,800. It had over 200k miles and needed a rebuild, but still. At that time I had the GT-R so I was like "what's the point?" D'oh!

This is how RFY and T3TEC do it- crazy, right? I am kicking myself for not grabbing a 6-speed I saw years ago for $1,800. It had over 200k miles and needed a rebuild, but still. At that time I had the GT-R so I was like "what's the point?" D'oh!
That reminds me of a friend to told me how much 6 spd trannys sell for on certain 911's. 993 gen is my guess. They go for like $10-15k according to him. I have not verified that but the NSX 6spd is not far behind.

I'm happy with my 5 speed short gears and 4.23 rp

I'm happy with my 5 speed short gears and 4.23 rp
For some reason, having blow 2 transmissions in the last 14yrs of ownership I've become a Tranny-hoarder of sorts. I have...
1 x Type R 5 Spd (short + 4.23)
2 x Standard USDM (one of these is my stock original #'s matching)
1 x Type R 6 Spd

Too many! I gotta sell at least 2 but still waiting on parts to finish the rebuilds.

Back