• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6000K Super Bright LED Light Kits

Hello Primers,

Introducing another simple, elegant and affordable way to "update" the look of your NSX with the latest in LED lighting technology. These are 6000K Super Bright SMD LED panels that will not only look much better, but they will outperform the original bulbs in both brightness (total light output) and lifespan (in years). The color is a hyper white color (small tint of blue), mostly white light, it looks better in person than in photos! Best of all these LEDs draw so little power, you could leave a door left open overnight and have no trouble starting the car in the morning, they draw about 1/8th the typical power.

These are full LED upgrade kits which include:
- 1 Dome LED Light Panel
- 2 Door Courtesy LED Light Panels
- 1 Trunk Courtesy LED Light Panel
- 2 License Plate LED Bulbs
- 1 Footwell LED Light Panel

(Each Kit contains all 7 LED bulbs listed above)

PLUG & PLAY - No modification necessary. Just pop out the old bulb, push in the new. EASY to INSTALL - We did this NSX here in less than 15 minutes.

Each kit is $74 Shipped in the USA & $80 Shipped to Canada. You can also stop by the shop and pick these up if you're a TX local.

Pictures of before & after - Old Yellow color is stock bulb color, pretty dim compared to the LED panels.
24b91022.jpg

Upgraded to LED panel:
1edba70a.jpg

Trunk Light LED panel:
27835249.jpg

Dome Light LED panel:
c773f575.jpg

License Plate LED bulbs:
4d7bda91.jpg

c08a016b.jpg

Feel free to PM me with any questions, or to place your order.
Thanks!

Last edited:
OUCH!!!!! I bought LED replacement bulbs on eBay.....10 for $8.39 and replaced the doors(2), overhead dome light(1), and trunk(1)......had 6 left over. I've just ordered the kick panel bulbs from same supplier @ 2 for $1.70. All parts are shipping included/no tax. Honestly, I could care less if my license plate is bright-----why would I want to make it easier for a cop to read???

I have bought and tested eBay bulbs, as well as many other brands of bulbs and none are as nice as the lights we are offering, as well ours have a lifetime warranty.
Just remember, you get what you pay for, so if you like cheap quality parts that could burn down your car or catch fire, or blow out in 2 weeks of use, more power to you!

I used to live in the DFW area and owned the Hawk Electronics Stores in Arlington. The "cheap" LED's that I bought from China are probably the same as yours but under a different marketing name. All electrical connections in cars are fused so "nice try" on the scare tactic.

I used to live in the DFW area and owned the Hawk Electronics Stores in Arlington. The "cheap" LED's that I bought from China are probably the same as yours but under a different marketing name. All electrical connections in cars are fused so "nice try" on the scare tactic.

+.2

I'm with you bro, besides i like to be subtle & not flashy with my car in & out.
The dimmer the better, makes people guess & pause for a sec of what is that they are seeing.

nsx1145, this kit is way over priced, what is your justification for the big profit? BTW, i have never heard of any after market LED's that will cause a fire, can you name or find any source to back up this claim?

Last edited:
+.2

I'm with you bro, besides i like to be subtle & not flashy with my car in & out.
The dimmer the better, makes people guess & pause for a sec of what is that they are seeing.

This kit is way over priced, btw i have never heard of any after market LED's that will cause a fire, can you name or find any source to back up this claim?

Actually I really like having the brighter interior lights. My car is set up so that when I disarm the alarm the interior lights come on. Having a BRIGHT interior as you approach the car is a safety factor. Having BRIGHT lights inside the car makes it easier to see and find things in the interior. The "chinese" LED's that I bought on eBay are well constructed. They are just a replacement "bulb" and since there is no rewiring to do with the factory system there is no chance that they will cause problems OR A FIRE!!! They draw much less current than the hot incandescent bulb that they replace and make it less likely that you will come out to a dead battery if you leave the lights on for any reason. I'm disappointed that the OP was trying to make a huge profit on an item that is very inexpensive no matter where you buy them and a "group buy" for various clubs around the country would not be a bad idea for this item.

Actually I really like having the brighter interior lights. My car is set up so that when I disarm the alarm the interior lights come on. Having a BRIGHT interior as you approach the car is a safety factor. Having BRIGHT lights inside the car makes it easier to see and find things in the interior. The "chinese" LED's that I bought on eBay are well constructed. They are just a replacement "bulb" and since there is no rewiring to do with the factory system there is no chance that they will cause problems OR A FIRE!!! They draw much less current than the hot incandescent bulb that they replace and make it less likely that you will come out to a dead battery if you leave the lights on for any reason. I'm disappointed that the OP was trying to make a huge profit on an item that is very inexpensive no matter where you buy them and a "group buy" for various clubs around the country would not be a bad idea for this item.

Yes, we are making a HUGE profit on bulbs, you caught us!!

Not everyone buys cheap Chinese LED bulbs off eBay, mind you, then again, alot of women buy fake coach purses...those must be the same quality as the genuines that are extremely overpriced right? Then again, eBay HID kits that go for $30 shipped must be the same quality as German HID kits that sell for $250 right? Or since you used to work in the industry; is a Jensen speaker the same as a Focal speaker, I mean afterall they're just speakers right? It's all relative...you get what you pay for!
If you like cheap quality parts that's your deal bro. If you don't like our item that's fine by me, but there is no need to ruin this vendor listing by complaining and making rude remarks, you're more than welcome to leave at any time.

For those of you that have purchased kits, they will be shipped shortly. Thankyou

Last edited:
I didn't "work in the industry". I owned 3 stores and was responsible for buying. I didn't retire at the age of 48 by being dumb about electronics. We sold high end products including Focal and I am here to tell you that the choice of a speaker is a very subjective thing like picking a flavor of ice cream. Everybody has a different "taste" in the type of sound they want to hear. If the electronics stay the same and the buyer likes the sound of the cheaper speaker during an A/B comparison that's the one that should be purchased. We can argue electronics all day. There IS a difference in head units and amplifiers but the fact that you chose to use speakers as your analogy belies your ignorance of electronics in general. This is a light bulb. IT is not a head unit or an amplifier or a speaker or a purse. I've had mine in my NSX for several months now and the car has not caught on fire (nor will it ever due to a low power consuming LED) A sucker is born every minute and if you can continue to sell this overpriced simple, elegant and affordable product and sleep at night then it's really none of my business. I can only hope that NSX primers who are reading this post can see through the smoke and mirrors you are selling.

Pictures of the actual bulb?

The bulb for the doors(2)/dome(1) and interior trunk(1) is a 31mm. You can get it in any number of LED configurations. I happened to buy the 16 LED bulb from this particular vendor on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/32088596620...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3134wt_910 I've ordered the T10 LED bulb for the driver's kick panel but have not received it yet. You'll find that link in the preceding posts also and it ended up costing $1.70 for two of them. Get together with a friend and order all the bulbs for $10.09 and you will have enough for two cars with two bulbs left over in case you need a spare for that "lifetime warranty" which is so unimportant when dealing with LED's that last forever.

I worked as the car audio manager of a circuit city store for 4 years buddy, I have a pretty good idea about car audio. I wasn't a manager for being a dumb ass. Needless to say, you don't know me and have no reason to trash my thread. As I stated before, if you don't like what I have, you know where the door is.

I worked as the car audio manager of a circuit city store for 4 years buddy, I have a pretty good idea about car audio. I wasn't a manager for being a dumb ass. Needless to say, you don't know me and have no reason to trash my thread. As I stated before, if you don't like what I have, you know where the door is.

Timeless1 asked you: "can you name or find any source to back up this claim?"

King124 asked you not once but twice to post a picture of this "affordable bulb"

You are trying to make what appears to be a 1500% markup on LED light bulbs here on NSX prime and when anybody questions you your response is to either ignore them or attempt to belittle their own wisdom and then tell them to get off your thread. Do you really think that you are acting like a responsible businessman? NSX vendor? NSX primer ?

I think you've made it quite clear exactly who you are

Wow, your really F-ing up this mans thread and that's messed up.

I didn't see a picture of the LED's he is providing so there is no way for you to know how much they are worth. A lot of LED's sell for $10 each and there IS a difference in quality and types of LED's used. Yes a quality LED will last for many years but a cheap one can have the lifespan of a incandesent.

There are two main problems with the cheap china made LED's.

First is with the manufacturing process. LED's are very static sensitive like most electronic components and susceptible to heat damage from the soldering process. Both of these things effect the lifespan of the completed replacement. Basicly it costs a lot of money to manufacture in the correct environment.

The other is how they are driven. The cheap LED's use resistors to limit the amount of current to the LED. That is the old way of doing it and works just fine if you know all the variables of the system they will be used in. They tend to drive the LED's at their max rating cause everybody wants the brightest and that too is ok knowing all the variables. Here is the problem, They base their calculations on 12 volts and the NSX is about 14.5 volts. What does that mean? Lets take a typical single LED for instance 2.2 volt 30mA max. It's being overdriven by a considerable margin.

@12V/330ohm=30mA
@14.5/330ohm=40mA

The best way is the use of a electronic driver which has a variable voltage input but keeps the current constant and they cost a little more. Not saying all china ones are cheap, just talking about the ones that are.

In the end buy what you want and be happy.

Mike

Timeless1 asked you: "can you name or find any source to back up this claim?"

King124 asked you not once but twice to post a picture of this "affordable bulb"

You are trying to make what appears to be a 1500% markup on LED light bulbs here on NSX prime and when anybody questions you your response is to either ignore them or attempt to belittle their own wisdom and then tell them to get off your thread. Do you really think that you are acting like a responsible businessman? NSX vendor? NSX primer ?

I think you've made it quite clear exactly who you are

Really?

At $5 for a set instead of $75 I can afford to replace them if they wear out a little faster. Only time will tell.

The OP here probably doesn't really have a clue where his LED's came from--He won't post a picture and won't answer questions from other potential customers..........I will be shocked if they aren't from China as well.

Thank you for not trying to tell me that my car was going to catch on fire---which is the ONLY reason I continued to respond and add to this thread.

LUDICROUS

Hi,

GO KRT:
man... it's becoming a bit stupid that you keep this quest of yours with no goal at sight...

i've been reading and always thinking in the back of my mind: "clearly this guy won't change his mind, so why won't he go on with his life elsewhere and let this vendor be with his customers?!"

Buy your ebay $0.5 Leds and let anyone who wants to buy these in piece.

ohhh... and i'm not talking about the content of your arguments... i'm talking about your atitude....no respect at all

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - if this starts here, i see a lot of vendor threads trashed in the future

Last edited:
Hi,

GO KRT:
man... it's becoming a bit stupid that you keep this quest of yours with no goal at sight...

i've been reading and always thinking in the back of my mind: "clearly this guy won't change his mind, so why won't he go on with his life elsewhere and let this vendor be with his customers?!"

Buy your ebay $0.5 Leds and let anyone who wants to buy these in piece.

ohhh... and i'm not talking about the content of your arguments... i'm talking about your atitude....no respect at all

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - if this starts here, i see a lot of vendor threads trashed in the future

Comtec and Unhuz,

I appreciate and respect your thoughts on this matter. As I stated earlier I would NEVER have continued on this thread if the Vendor had responded intelligently instead of casting aspersions and making all out lies--scare tactics-- about vehicles catching fire.

When he said "I didn't know him" it made me wonder who he was so I started reading some of his old posts and discovered that he is only a recent NSX owner and during the course of his NSX quest he totally trashed an NSX primer who was selling his car through this site. Here's the link: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1572317#post1572317

His belligerent attitude was apparent in his post and I was really wondering what the seller had to say about it all when I read down and found the seller's response:"offer someone half their asking price and then harass and threaten them with text messages and emails telling you to "stop being a little bit¢h and give me your car for XXk" when you had politely turned down their low ball XXk offer b/c it was half the value of your car. Then they proceed to txt you 100 times a day telling you your car isn't anything special... and that the factory paint sucks and the comp tech supercharger is crap and that there are 5 cars out there that are better... like that is going to some how persuade you into giving it to them.

The sense of entitlement blows my mind. Like I owe it to someone to just give them my car... and if I don't I'm a bit¢h... when they're harassing me and calling me names and making fun of the NSX in general. It blows my mind. I mean if you're so down in the NSX why even buy one?"

As I said earlier. I would have stopped after my first post but his immediate reaction to go to the gutter made me stay on this thread. Apparently it's his M O . CAVEAT EMPTOR ( As a former retailer, I'm just trying to help any potential buyer )

Last edited:
Your first two posts were to promote a different seller in this vendor thread which is never a good thing to do. If you hadn't posted them there would have been no need for you to continue. If you want to promote something you found, start a new thread here or in one of the other sections like electronics for the LED's. We are lucky to be able to post in the vendor section at all and also without mod approval. If they start having problems that might change and imo it kills a vendor section.

imo. The vendor threads should only be for questions, reviews and problems from people who are interested in or have purchased the products listed.

.........I will be shocked if they aren't from China as well.

Thank you for not trying to tell me that my car was going to catch on fire

I do want to make it clear that not all china made LED's are cheaply made.

Working in electronics for 24 years i wouldn't say it won't happen, but it is highly unlikely.

Mike

Back