• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

7 days, 7,321kms. Western USA, QPDO style!

MARK!! i am glad you made it back safe and sound! Awesome write up and great pictures, loved the one where you hit 100000miles... See you around next year.. to bad i only put 20km on my car this year.

Your car better see more miles next year! It was kinda tough to see her roll over 99,999.9 miles, but I bought the car to drive it. And being that it's modified... the 'collector' aspect has already been lost lol.

Nice pictures and writeup of your trip, but you should have came in September and included NSXPO in your trip. Then you would have seen lots of NSX's.:smile: Howard

That would have been nice, but we only concocted the trip at the beginning of September!

very nice,reading your story and seeing the pics makes me want to go for a drive.

Nice write up! What days were you through Salt Lake City and in St George? I was in St George last week 10-17 through 10-21.

Thanks for sharing.

I did 6300kms to NSXPO2012 and back in September. We shared some of the same route on the way down. Even with the two day HPDE event the car performed flawlessly.
My wife said it is our most comfortable highway car.
The NSX is more than capable for long distance driving. Even at 22 year old.
Below is two suitcases we were able to find that fit perfectly in the trunk. She gets 1.5, I get 0.5! Each one measures 25X17x10 inches.

Last edited:
Did it cost anything to drive through Chandelier Tree? And was there a long lineup of cars waiting to pass through it? Something I've always wanted to do.

It was only $5 or something... and we must have gone during 'off' season as I was able to keep the car parked for pictures for 5-10min before the next car came!

Nice write up! What days were you through Salt Lake City and in St George? I was in St George last week 10-17 through 10-21.

We drove through Salt Lake on the 5th and stayed in St George that night.

Thanks for sharing.

I did 6300kms to NSXPO2012 and back in September. We shared some of the same route on the way down. Even with the two day HPDE event the car performed flawlessly.
My wife said it is our most comfortable highway car.
The NSX is more than capable for long distance driving. Even at 22 year old.
Below is two suitcases we were able to find that fit perfectly in the trunk. She gets 1.5, I get 0.5! Each one measures 25X17x10 inches.

There are some fun roads down there! The car is pretty comfortable... being 6'7" and still rocking stock seats my back was perfectly fine the whole trip! I hear you on the 1.5/0.5 space sharing... women... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Fantastic account of your awesome trip in your Panda NSX! I love taking the NSX on road trips, and would enjoy doing an epic road trip across the country in a similar fashion sometime.

Hey Q, I see that you and Warren Woodcox are both from the same place. Have you two met before? I happened to meet Warren along with lots of other great folks at NSXPO. Here's a picture of some of the cars at the hotel. Warren's car is the nearest, and mine is the third red in the nearest row.
My NSXPO trip was about 5100 miles, with stops at friends places in Terre Haute IN, Salinas KS, Albuquerque NM, and Las Vegas/ Henderson NV. Howard

Attachments

• DSCN1168.jpg
    DSCN1168.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Hey Q, I see that you and Warren Woodcox are both from the same place. Have you two met before? I happened to meet Warren along with lots of other great folks at NSXPO. Here's a picture of some of the cars at the hotel. Warren's car is the nearest, and mine is the third red in the nearest row.
My NSXPO trip was about 5100 miles, with stops at friends places in Terre Haute IN, Salinas KS, Albuquerque NM, and Las Vegas/ Henderson NV. Howard

You bet! I've met him at a couple Caffeine and Octane events and a local NSX meet. Great guy! Wish I could have gone down to NSXPO... looks to have been a great time.

Looks like you had a fun trip! That exhaust has been getting a lot of mileage. That's it's second time to Vegas / LA ;)

Well travelled! It's music has been heard in 8 states and 2 provinces now!

Thanks for sharing, looks like a trip of a life time. I am aching to take the NSX on a NYC-LA road trip this spring, but am unsure I can fit the round trip into my schedule. Not sure 2 weeks for that round trip would be sufficient. Did you find your exhaust bothersome on a road trip like this?

Thanks for sharing, looks like a trip of a life time. I am aching to take the NSX on a NYC-LA road trip this spring, but am unsure I can fit the round trip into my schedule. Not sure 2 weeks for that round trip would be sufficient. Did you find your exhaust bothersome on a road trip like this?

We did 4500miles in 7 days, you can do 5500miles in 14! I didn't find it bothersome, but my girlfriend was getting sick of it near the end haha

Annnnnd the planning begins for road-trip 2K13. 4 days, 4000 miles. Mexico for a beer. Sure... why not. Though I'll be saving the miles on the NSX and renting something fun.

Roadtrip2k13_zps8a60fa7e.png

Yesss! Awesome. When will you depart? Looks like an awesome route. If our schedules align I'd like to say hi while you're passing through the Phoenix area. Re: Mexico - good call! You can cross the border near Yuma off I-8 into Algodones, Sonora and it's right on your path - it'd be only a few minutes south of the interstate. Years ago (2005), I drove my Legend into Mexico there and had a blast cruising around for a little while south of the border.

mexico.jpg

More pics from my trip there.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f93/road-trip-took-legend-mexico-63614/

Not exactly sure on the departure date... but I imagine some weekend in June or July. I plan on hotseating it from Edmonton to Phoenix and staying the Friday night there (so meeting up might work out nicely) and then heading out early for an early lunch & beer in Mexico. Then head up and through death valley and spend the night at a friends in Vegas. The next day head up and through the salt flats and take whatever car we're driving though the salt flats and carry on as far north as possible for the day Sunday. And return to Edmonton Monday.

I don't know how easy/safe it is to drive across the border these days... so I'd have to do some more research on that. Otherwise we'll park and walk across.

Ridiculous? Sure. Ambitious? Most certainly. But the story will make it all worthwhile.

Not sure when you're planning on leaving, but maybe you could plan part of it around the World of Speed dates at the Salt Flats. They run September 7 - 10.

Ridiculous? Sure. Ambitious? Most certainly. But the story will make it all worthwhile.
Right on. It's all about the story, and you'll have plenty after this. I love the "wingin' it" strategy. Last July I drove from Phoenix to Milwaukee, was there < 24 hours, and then started on my way back via a totally different route. I think it was around a 4,000 mile trip.

You should try and make time to stop for a piece of famous pie at Julian Pie Co in Julian, California after your beer/ lunch in Mexico. Death Valley is scenic but there's not a helluva lot to do there. Some of the roads in NV you'll be traveling are very remote. If you happened to be going through in May, there's an event on Saturday the 18th called the Nevada Open Road Challenge - you could take your NSX as fast as you want to for a 90 mile stretch of road. You'll love the Salt Flats in Utah. All in all, sounds like a really great trip. I'm jealous. Look forward to meeting you when you roll through AZ. Drop a line if you need planning tips.

For those of you who cross the border more often than I, which border crossing along the south western border of Arizona, or south eastern border of California is the best to cross? By best I mean safest/quickest/easiest to cross. I have tentatively pegged Yuma as the crossing of choice being that my grandparents have crossed there numerous times but it can't hurt to pick the minds of a few american folks!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and words.
That was an awesome read and a great sounding trip.

Commenting because of your Gumball 4000 thread that I will now be reading.

Awesome!! Proof again that us Grand Prix White NSX owners are more than happy to seek out miles and off the wall adventures in our cars! Kudos! :biggrin:

Amen. If only I was better at documenting my adventures, lol.

This trip in the NSX gathered some interest, so I figured I'd document the trip to Mexico too haha

Thanks for sharing, awesome trip. BTW, noticed no spare tire .... Weren't you worried of getting a flat tire in the middle of nowhere? That is a thought that still makes me keep mine around.

Thanks for sharing, awesome trip. BTW, noticed no spare tire .... Weren't you worried of getting a flat tire in the middle of nowhere? That is a thought that still makes me keep mine around.

I bought the car without a spare, but before the trip I did slap on some new rears for peace of mind. Still a gamble, but I didn't have much choice at that time haha

Back