• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

7" Tablet in Navpod

Looking for advice from any of the in-car audiovisual experts on here...

Has anyone looked at putting one of the new generation 7" Tablets into the Navpod?

http://reviews.cnet.com/2733-3126_7-936-3.html

As the Kenwood KOS-V500 & KOS-L702 are discontinued and I cannot find anything else on the market similar. I am thinking why wouldn't a tablet work in a similar way?

My goal is to keep the interior stock and if possible even use the stock radio and speakers for volume utilizing the AUX input. The tablet would be used for playing music by accessing my itunes or iPod and GPS navigation with google maps.

Thoughts?

Actually I think the samsung tab 7 would fit. The dimensions of it are:

7.62" x 4.82" x 0.39"

And here is the demensions for the navi pod

navigation%20pod%20dimension.jpg

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. "

:confused:

Sorry, I guess my search timed out after a while.

I went to the Electronics forum area and searched for "tablet". It came up with a dozen recent threads that have some of the basic info you're looking for. Searching in the Electronics forum is the key to filtering out a lot of the extraneous, unrelated threads.

Sorry, I guess my search timed out after a while.

I went to the Electronics forum area and searched for "tablet". It came up with a dozen recent threads that have some of the basic info you're looking for. Searching in the Electronics forum is the key to filtering out a lot of the extraneous, unrelated threads.

Thanks for the tips on how to search :rolleyes: I did exactly that first before posting the question but found nothing specific. I hoped you found something I missed...

Nobody has done it yet then??? hmmm...

Thanks for taking the time to follow up on your original post. I must admit I had only previously read this thread: iphones, ipads, gauges, screens, radar... my latest research and my instal in the NSX
The others didn't seem relevant to my goal of keeping and utilizing the OEM radio and/or the JDM Nav Pod.

The 7" screen tablets are a relatively recent addition to the market and I thought may be an option if they could fit into the Nav Pod and if they are able to be used with the OEM stereo which would mean been able to communicate with the OEM stereo with off-the-shelf cables or adapters.

I'm not really interested in anything where I will have to remove, replace, modify in any way, the OEM consol or stereo. I'm looking for a concourse OEM installation where the only modification allowed would be a Nav Pod which would be in keeping with my OEM theme.

Thanks

The original 7 inch galaxy tab fits into the Nav Pod. So does the 7.0 plus.

You will occasionally need access to the power button, so find a way to easily remove it, or add a hole to the Nav Pod to press it with a key or something.

The Galaxy Tab Navigation thread listed here should have most of your info.

Are you able to plug in the power cord or headphone jack while its in the navi pod?

You will occasionally need access to the power button, so find a way to easily remove it, or add a hole to the Nav Pod to press it with a key or something.

You can get the charger cord in there and centered properly with a little bit of work. I originally was attempting to use a 90 degree cable in the headphone jack, but ended up just connecting it using Bluetooth instead.

USA spec iPod adapter to the factory head unit. $30 Belkin Bluetooth hands free adapter. Looks stock only better.

...and it looks really good and works very well... how ya been Fenix ?

Back