• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

9 years in the making - Finally here

Hello, I wanted to share my NSX story with everyone ad send out some huge thank you's to the people that helped....

Nine years ago last month I purchased my first NSX at the young age of 23 after lusting after them since they were a simple concept. Then watching Peter Cunningham racing them the feeling ( need ) to own one got stronger and stronger. I was enamoured by the reliability and pure raw looks of the car, along with the build process and engine dynamics... It was simply amazing to me. Having been a Honda/Acura fan since I was 15 ( Seeing dads 78 Accord with 250k miles got my attention ) It was the culmination of my car goals just to own one.

I bought a 91 Red/Black with 99k on it. ( I still have the original check I wrote for the car ) I immediately wanted to start modding it to make it my own. I owned the car for a couple years and did some mods to it individualizing it as best I could.

Custom red leather seats
Custom JL audio system
Neuspeed springs
wheels
WW kit
Comptech - Exhaust,clutch,intake,sways,
Snap ring failed and then went with an R tranny.

I really wanted a Turbo NSX. I had a 2000 SI that was fully built and turboed at 378 whp prior to the nsx and loved the feeling of that. I just could not get myself to spend the money. ( back then the only real option was Cartech twin ) 15k plus!!

After a couple years I decided to sell the car to pull my money to fund a couple business ideas... It was a SAD DAY.

I vowed to buy a 95 + targa as soon as possible.

Waited 4 years... Then found a great 95 Red/Tan targa... I was in heaven back behind the wheel of another nsx..

Mod bug bit me but never really did alot to that one other than simple Exhaust/wheels etc.

The car never felt like my old one and I never really grew attached. Since then I have bought and sold over 8 other NSX's looking for the same feeling...

I ended my search one year ago today. I found an old add on prime for a 92 Sebring CTSC and the guy needed to unload it.

I was ALL OVER IT. Never had a silver and loved the fact it was CTSC!!!

I was talking to a friend ( CL65 Captain ) and told him about the car and that I couldnt find a decent flight ( under 500) to go get the car... He is a pilot and was nice enough to hook me up with a buddy pass to fly to Atlanta the next day
( THANKS JIM!!!!!!). Met the owner and the car at the airport, went to his bank to pay it off and was back in Cincinnati 5 hours and 50 minutes later ( I was driving the speed limit the whole time!:cool:)

I was in HEAVEN! The car was fast and looked great ( other than the chrome wheels ) I immediatly started removing all the things on the car that i did not like... Emblems and things that had been on it???

I had an immediate attachment to it and knew this one was here for awhile.

One year later there is nothing about the car the same.

Huge custom stereo replaced for a weight and space saving one.
Suspension is now Tein Flex w/EDFC
EVERYTHING wearing was replaced, All seals, gaskets,cv boots,belts,water pump,bushings,CCU,hoses and the list goes on. The car is in effect new again.

After doing a SOS 2.1ltr high boost on a customers car I felt the need for more power... I knew we could get 420RWHP with the SOS kit and it felt amazing. I wanted that power bad! Having always wanted a Turbo NSX I decided to start looking into that.

After several conversations With Ross at STMPO I decided to go with his kit.

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER... WOW I love the turbo, It feels sounds looks great!

Got great Safe HP out of it and the cars power deliver is amazing!

Added a STMPO Front chassis bar and tightened it up great!

So HUGE thanks to Ross!! You made that aspect of my NSX dreams come true!

Lately I have been adding small things like CF console, LED tailights and things just to finish up the look I was going for.

Ran across a deal i could not pass up on doing a 6 Speed conversion so I jumped on that also! The original one I was getting fell threw and Shad At DA Saved the day!
THANKS SHAD AT DRIVING AMBITION!

Also Added a SOS sport billet clutch and wow!!! Such an amazing pedal feeling for so much power handling! Chris told me I would not be dissapointed and I can tell you I am not! SOS has been a reliable source for a LOT of parts for myself and my customers cars! You guys are great and have never steered me wrong!

THANKS TO CHRIS AND THE GUYS AT SOS!

My plans for the future include BBK, New sideskirts, Complete repaint winter 2010.

You can see the pics of the result of this 9 year long obsession here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1294856&posted=1#post1294856

Last edited:
Very nice, congratulations...!

awesome story, thanks for sharing with us, 8 nsx must be a record. post. some pic. let us see your beautiful car.

Great Story...
I (think) I was watching that same silver CTSC NSX (Atlanta)...
What did you end up doing with the SCr?

I would love to see the pics of the console and radio please....thanks! BTW - very nice wheels. It' pretty. I love silver:biggrin:

I would love to see the pics of the console and radio please....thanks! BTW - very nice wheels. It' pretty. I love silver:biggrin:

Will get them as soon as possible... Its simply a double din kenwood, cf console,2 guages mounted in it and a switch or two.

These wheels were a must the second I saw them. Mackin industries took care of me on them and I could not be happier... UNLESS I had a set of WORK S1's black center in REALLY good offsets to have as a second set. Those are my second favorite wheel.

Im a fan of the silver also:biggrin:

Awesome story. I'm a big fan of the silver as well!

Your link to your pics thread is messed up though.

Very nice story and I'm glad it all worked out for you! Awesome ride too!

BTW, did you have Volk GTS's before? I recall seeing similar pics with those wheels.

8 nsx's holy cow:eek:, I wonder do you have any pics of each and every one youve owned?

Brian, I remember very well your original NSX. AND the day you brought it home, er... to Honda's service bay. (Pretty much home.) Never have seen you happier!

I know this one is super special to you too, obviously! Love to see you doing what you love and can't wait to see your finished product. Though I know you're never REALLY finished. Haha.

And I will keep my grammar nazi comments to myself. :wink:

8 nsx's holy cow:eek:, I wonder do you have any pics of each and every one youve owned?

Yes , Yes I do. Several... Search my name on the nsx for sale and you will see some. I am looking for pics of my original NSX, They were on my laptop that crashed last year :(

Brian, I remember very well your original NSX. AND the day you brought it home, er... to Honda's service bay. (Pretty much home.) Never have seen you happier!

I know this one is super special to you too, obviously! Love to see you doing what you love and can't wait to see your finished product. Though I know you're never REALLY finished. Haha.

And I will keep my grammar nazi comments to myself. :wink:

Yea that was an amazing day. But you should have seen me the day Olivia was born... That was happy haha.

No I will never be finished.. Your right.. :)

Yea that was an amazing day. But you should have seen me the day Olivia was born... That was happy haha.

No I will never be finished.. Your right.. :)

oh i could have guessed that. i know the story. just happy to see you doing what your REALLY want to be doing.

sans olivia. cause we all know she's numero uno. :smile:

Seriously, I love this car. If you ever sell - it goes to me. We are going to keep it in "the family." :biggrin:

I love your car. One of the best looking cars to ever grace the pavement of the Queen City. It is great to see someone carry out their vision of what a perfect car should be. I give you HUGE props.

Last edited:
Seriously, I love this car. If you ever sell - it goes to me. We are going to keep it in "the family." :biggrin:

I love your car. One of the best looking cars to ever grace the pavement of the Queen City. It is great to see someone carry out their vision of what a perfect car should be. I give you HUGE props.

It's already been spoken for :tongue:

as long as those damn lambo prices keep fallin :rolleyes:

great story! car looks awesome glad you found her and never lost the x'bug.

That's awesome Brian. She looks great!

Hopefully finding my own dream NSX next year.

Back