• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-96 NSX with single disk OEM clutch?

I'm looking to replace the clutch on my 91 and I read on prime that a 91-96 NSX can take a 97+ single disk clutch+flywheel. Is this correct and can someone share their experience doing this? Pro's and Con's?

thanks

I'm looking to replace the clutch on my 91 and I read on prime that a 91-96 NSX can take a 97+ single disk clutch+flywheel. Is this correct and can someone share their experience doing this? Pro's and Con's?

thanks

I will be doing this to my car next week !!!!!! I am going with a RPS Stage 1.

The advantages so far that I can see is lighter flywheel and simpler clutch installation.

Not sure what the disadvantages are...

The clutch for the '97-05 six-speed costs a whole lot more money than the one for the '91-96 five-speed.

The clutch for the '97-05 six-speed costs a whole lot more money than the one for the '91-96 five-speed.

That's correct.:frown:

There is no advantage to going to the single disk OEM clutch. Only a disadvantage as mentioend above, add about $1000+ to the job.

Regards,
LarryB

Funny, I think the former governor of New York asked the same question... :biggrin:

More likely the ex governor of New Jersey:eek:

Does the $1000 include install of the new input shaft?

No, you do not need one:). It includes the $2000 flywheel!!!!!!!!:).

Remember you only need the NSX-R mainshaft to put a Dual Plate in a 1997+ 6 speed;).

Regards,
LarryB

Aside from cost, are there any fitment issues? I am looking to install an aftermarket performance single disc clutch, and the same stage/material clutch for 97+ is $400 less than the single disc for 1991-1996 models; both are single disc, but the part number is different between the two different year ranges.

What's interesting is the part number for the 1991-1996 clutch, with lightweight flywheel option, is the same as the part number for the 1997+, with lightweight flywheel option, but the clutch by itself, has a different part number.

Back