• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-96 or 97/98

I'm caught between getting a 91-96 or 97/98 NSXI've searched and read every post I can find concerning this matter.

The major changes on the 97 would be the 6 gear manual transmission and the 3.2 l engine. So that would usually be a 10-15k difference in price between 91-96 and 97/98 NSXs. Which would you guys recommend?

and also, what are the advantages of 6 speed over 5 speed ? or maybe the advantages of 5 speed over 6 speed?

thank you

Cloud said:
The major changes on the 97 would be the 6 gear manual transmission and the 3.2 l engine. So that would usually be a 10-15k difference in price between 91-96 and 97/98 NSXs. Which would you guys recommend?
Actually, what you typically see is a $5-8K difference in price between a '91-94 NSX Coupe and a '95-96 NSX-T, and another $7-10K difference in price between a '95-96 NSX-T and a '97-98 NSX-T.

If you want to be able to remove your roof panel for open-air motoring, get the NSX-T ('95-96 or '97-98). If that's not worth the extra money to you, get the '91-94.

If you want the quicker performance of the '97-98 NSX-T over the '91-94 NSX Coupe or the '95-96 NSX-T, then get it. If that's not worth the extra money to you, then don't.

Cloud said:
what are the advantages of 6 speed over 5 speed ? or maybe the advantages of 5 speed over 6 speed?
The six-speed offers faster acceleration than the 5-speed. It will improve 1/4 mile times by 0.11 second, all else being equal.

For what it's worth, I want an '01, because I like the hidden headlights, and that year would probably give me the fewest miles on it. BUT, I bought a '93, and I have not regretted it at all. It runs fast and smooth, and I love the handling that a mid-engine provides. I love the high redline, and the sound of the RM Racing exhaust. A SC would be nice, but with Comptech headers I have more than ample performance right now.

Back