• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 CD changer

I believe there is an Alpine one that plays MP3's as well. It's plug'n play except for 1 or 2 cables you need. Use the search function and I'm sure you'll find more info.

If you're set on an Alpine unit, look for a 634 model .. numerous people (including me) have had good success with that unit and it only requires some 'gender bender' cables to make it work. It's MP3 capable and can read CD-RWs. You can get well over 1000 tunes on the 6 cd cartridge but no folder support.

Alternately, you could just plow your money into your favorite MP3 player and follow the recent threads on how to adapt the existing head unit to accept the aux in. That way you get to enjoy the player elsewhere as well and you don't lose space in the trunk.

If you're set on an Alpine unit, look for a 634 model .. numerous people (including me) have had good success with that unit and it only requires some 'gender bender' cables to make it work. It's MP3 capable and can read CD-RWs. You can get well over 1000 tunes on the 6 cd cartridge but no folder support.

Alpine CHA-S634 installation

Alternately, you could just plow your money into your favorite MP3 player and follow the recent threads on how to adapt the existing head unit to accept the aux in. That way you get to enjoy the player elsewhere as well and you don't lose space in the trunk.

Get an iPod (this iPod will hold 20,000 songs) and install* it in the passenger compartment using the Grom Ipod Adapter**.

*When installing, use NSX-GT's method as described beginning with post number 5 of the installation thread.

**When ordering the Grom iPod Adapter, be sure NOT to order the M-BUS cable. Specify the 8-pin CD-changer cable.

Last edited:
Folks,

Thank you for the answers. I posted before I found the iPod threads. I am going to order a grom adapter and dump the CD changer. :smile:

Ray

Only way to go...Ipod hands down. They still make CD's?:biggrin::tongue:

Back