• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 NSX

Hello,
After much deliberation I chose a 91 Acura NSX over an 01 S2000. I test drove both cars and though the s2000 was fun, it lacked that "umph" I felt with a car now over a decade old!
I got a red (manual of course) NSX with 30000 miles for 27K. Everything was in excellent condition except for two little marks on the front bumper.
This site was very informative in regards to what to look for. I checked the snap ring matter (a-okay) and the owner told me the car has been serviced regularly. It just went in for its 30000 checkup and the Acura technician said all was good.
Ok...heres the question? Anyone know of a good stereo shop in the Orange County/LA area that HAS WORKED on a NSX before? I bought a JVC mp3/cd unit and a Rockford Fosgate amp. I'm looking for a shop that will do a nice, clean and professional job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Anyone know of a good stereo shop in the Orange County/LA area that HAS WORKED on a NSX before?

Too bad you just missed the monthly dinner meeting of the NSX Club in Huntington Beach; it would have been a great place to ask around.

Have you tried asking Larry of NSX Modified whether he knows of a place?

Wow 30,000 miles for $27,000 what a great deal congrats on you purchase.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Originally posted by hyuan:
Congrats! You got a great deal!

Btw, we bumped into each other on the S2K Forums recently. Your thread was over 50 replies long last I checked.

:p

Haha...we sure did...I was on there debating which one to get. I guess my posting here shows the result.

Originally posted by pacacu:
do check if the timing belt been done. this will cost plenty if not taken care of.

Ok thanks. Do we have to worry about the timing belt even with 30k miles. The Acura technician said to worry about that later on down the road like at 70-90K.

[This message has been edited by max_payne (edited 10 November 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Anyone know of a good stereo shop in the Orange County/LA area that HAS WORKED on a NSX before?

Too bad you just missed the monthly dinner meeting of the NSX Club in Huntington Beach; it would have been a great place to ask around.

Have you tried asking Larry of NSX Modified whether he knows of a place?

Damn! Thats where I live too...

Yes you do have to worry. It's not only miles but time.

According to Acura the belt should be replaced either at 90K miles or 6 years whichever comes first.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/timing_belt.htm

Why take the chance?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

my '91 had 23000 miles, I still did the whole thing, belts, sensor,theomstat etc. I don't think the previous owner, yours that is, would have done the belt. also it is not the mileage, but the age of the vehicle. it spent most of its life in a garage.better be safe.

Back