• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 gpw

Thanks everyone! I've been doing some random things here and there, but no actual mods recently. It's mostly been just removing unnecessary things to reduce weight.

Most recently though, I'm in the middle of doing a major paint correction. The entire car's surface is pretty messed up, it looks like the car has been in a sandstorm or two. I suspect it's from taking the car to a car wash as opposed to the original owner washing the car himself.

Luckily white really hides the blemishes, it's hard to tell from the pic, but you get the idea:
9977762796_69641bdd65_b.jpg

Hopefully soon the car will have a surface more akin to:
9977834093_98cccb42e9_b.jpg

My process has actually been to lightly wet sand the paint with 2000 grit sand paper, and then 3m rubbing compound to polish it up. After I do the entire car, I'm going to do a full multistage detail job. So far though I'm really happy with the results. Pretty crazy feeling to take sandpaper to a car though... I figure I can't really mess it up more than it is now, and worst case I'll get a full car paint job, which I'd like to do eventually anyway.

I actually do have a plethora of pretty awesome parts waiting to go in, JDM short gears, Type R final drive, JUN flywheel among some of the things, but I'm still gathering everything I need (mainly the courage) to tackle the project.

I have a lot planned for the car in the near future, I suspect 2014 is going to be a good year for my NSX.

Last edited:
nice polishing job on the roof, what did you go with to compound it and pad?

Thanks! Here's the product list:

What I used (In this order too):
3M Rubbing compound
Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0
Meguiars Show Gloss
Meguiars Hi Tech Yellow Wax x2 coats
Meguiars Synthetic Sealant

I was just using some off the shelf Meguiars pads, but since then have moved on to an assortment of Lake Country Buffing Pads, which I have not used yet!

Looks good! Are you over 200,000 miles yet?

Thank you! Yes, well over at around 210,000 miles. I had the timing belt, water pump and coolant hoses done by Ramon at Niguel Motors, and couldn't be happier, I can't stop driving this car.

Also went through my first set of rears, which lasted about 14,000 miles, I was impressed!
e4cb00027fa211e3815e12cd270dc62a_8.jpg

2014 is going to be a great year for my car.

Mounted the BBS LMs again to take this photo, it's something I've been meaning to do for a while. I also wrote this blurb for the internet which has gotten a nice response:

"Two and a half years ago I was fortunate enough to pick up my NSX. It was a single owner car daily driven by a man who at the prime of his life was able to attain his dream car. Years later, misfortune struck, and he suffered a debilitating stroke which caused him to put the car up for sale. I was the lucky one who was able to purchase it. To say that owning the car has positively changed my life is an understatement. Throughout my ownership, I have grown my business, made lifelong friendships, and have had unforgettable experiences. Before embarking on the car's new direction, I had always planned on doing a simple photoshoot for the original owner, in the way he remembers his cherished NSX. I finally got around to doing that today. One thing that has always been fascinating to me is how we are merely stewards of the cars we own. Automobiles are mechanical marvels that, if taken care of, can outlast many human lifetimes. I am currently the keeper of this car, and I will do my best to enjoy it, and honor it with my own uncompromising vision for Honda's greatest car, one of the best cars to come out of Japan, and my favorite car of all time. The NSX."

14654939111_4593c80652_b.jpg

I'm going to start modding the car soon, so I wanted to get a baseline dyno.
14471541838_4e4945d25e_b.jpg

AFR
14471541698_e7cfce4aa7_b.jpg

Vacuum pressure
14654934711_2d89b24ef0_b.jpg

Ideally I am going to do multiple dynos to document the power increases, but we will see, as multiple dyno sessions add up.

I'd preferably do:
Baseline
+Exhaust
+Header, high flow cat
+Intake
+Injectors, Tune

Excited to finally start modding this thing! I'm looking to add about 30hp and lose 100 more pounds, where the car will be at ~265whp and weigh about 2700 pounds wet.

nice...so jello!!! I wanted white, but couldn't pass up the deal on my BB.....

looks so clean for a 200K mile car.....is it still on orig stock suspension???

Congrats!!!

BTW, Lower it a tad(bilstiens) and powder coat the rims white and I'd be like:eek:

Last edited:
nice...so jello!!! I wanted white, but couldn't pass up the deal on my BB.....

looks so clean for a 200K mile car.....is it still on orig stock suspension???

Congrats!!!

BTW, Lower it a tad(bilstiens) and powder coat the rims white and I'd be like:eek:

Thank you! I'm actually not entirely sure if it's original suspension but it's stock. Don't worry though, I have coils so the 4x4 will soon vanish :)

love the detail to your build!

Thank you, more details to come!

One of the things I was very excited about upon purchasing my NSX is being able to step into the arena of modifying a car with high quality JDM parts. To me, the NSX is such a legendary car with amazing heritage, that my way of honoring it is to modify it with parts mostly sourced from Japan. Compounding on that, my aim is to exemplify the car's strengths, so lightness and balance are key for me. You will see that my car will be a modest NA build with a focus on adding lightness. It's certainly not the popular or cheapest route, but I told myself I would not compromise on my personal goals for this car, as it is my favorite car of all time.

To start, one of the key parts to my build is the GT-One Ver 6 titanium exhaust. I've worked in "the industry" for quite some time and have held some incredible examples of high end titanium exhausts, and the GT-One is amongst the best quality pieces I've ever held in my own two hands. One thing I thought about while it was being made is that the exhaust was being put together by a master titanium craftsman. It is a true work of art.

14485318448_8815b54baa_b.jpg

14485290849_1a07b082f4_b.jpg

14485295239_3e5b80c37b_b.jpg

14669637954_9669ea0356_b.jpg

14668754771_1985580383_b.jpg

14485327908_19ce1b55cb_b.jpg

14648963926_59bca90008_b.jpg

One detail that really stood out to me was how the inlet of the exhaust has a rolled weld to help smooth airflow. While it might help only in the slightest manner, it was this level of attention to detail that makes me love high end parts.
14485502347_5a7d98fb7d_b.jpg

Weighing in at 14.16 pounds, it should be about a 34 pound reduction in weight over the stock exhaust.
14648972456_df9da80dff_b.jpg

To go along with the exhaust, I also purchased the high flow cats from GT-One which uses SARD catalytic converters.
14485311819_2399b89324_b.jpg

I really liked the heat shields.
14691857933_558bb6a84e_b.jpg

At a combined weight of 10.54 pounds, I expect them to be about half the weight of the stock units.
14671981455_eb73da4fd3_b.jpg

14668774671_fcbf7297a5_b.jpg

WOW COLIN!!!!! Those pictures of the welds :eek: and your parts... simply mind blowing. To think that these high end Japanese parts came directly form the motherland just like our cars, I love it. Cant wait to contribute to prime with my recent parts in a similar fashion. I actually already have everything weighed out too haha. Now we need sound clips and more pix with parts on :biggrin:

wow...I'm in awe with your attention to detail Colin. I hope to have the same care and attention when I start modifying my NSX. Surely a deep pocket helps too! LOL

Btw how much did your radio setup end up costing in the end? I was looking into this route as well since I removed my factory unit and running a delete plate also.

great pictures showing the detail of all those parts.

simply top spec parts choice. :cool: my hat goes off to you.

Thanks everyone!

wow...I'm in awe with your attention to detail Colin. I hope to have the same care and attention when I start modifying my NSX. Surely a deep pocket helps too! LOL

Btw how much did your radio setup end up costing in the end? I was looking into this route as well since I removed my factory unit and running a delete plate also.

More like bad life choices help fund this :) The way I see it though, I'm not married and don't have kids, so might as well do it before those two happen and my priorities change forever.

The radio setup was probably around $150 or so when it was done. Unfortunately the mini amp isn't available anymore, so I don't know where to source it. I was lucky and found aftermarket speakers already installed into the car when I got into the door panels, so I didn't have to buy those or figure out how to wire to the stock Bose units.

Just realized you even have JDM cardboard boxes as scrap in your garage. You are too hardcore my man haha

Hah, it's awesome when people notice that :)

subscribed. love your prelude and can't wait to see what's in store for your nsx!

Thanks!

I installed the exhaust earlier before heading to the monthly San Gabriel Valley meet. I was amazed at how easy it is to install an exhaust onto the NSX. Since it's just that rear section, you don't have to deal with long piping!

With the stock exhaust weighing 44.56 pounds, I've lost a little over 30 pounds, quite significant!
14496116410_194edaa04c_b.jpg

A couple things one should do when installing an exhaust is to wear gloves and then wipe the exhaust down with acetone after installing it. That'll ensure the oils from your hands don't get burned onto the exhaust and cause semi permanent finger prints.
14496325717_e53f234846_b.jpg

14496139318_87f3c051b4_b.jpg

14496326177_2a9e181f85_b.jpg

I was surprised at how good the car felt. It just felt better overall. Better acceleration, and I could also feel a difference in the handling. I guess taking the weight off of the extreme end of the car helped with the handling characteristics. I also wasn't expecting the cabin to be so quiet, but since there are no pipes underneath the car to resonate into the cabin, I can understand why. I had a great time ripping around, it's a really good sounding exhaust!

Back