• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 gpw

Hi Prime!

My name is Colin, been an owner for about 2.5 months and have been enjoying the car tremendously.

I've been a long-time Honda fanatic, and the NSX has been my dream car for a very long time. I was able to find the car in the exact trim that I wanted, a white 5speed coupe.

At 195k miles, the car has been through a lot, which is why I am excited to work on it. I love working on cars, and am excited to be wrenching on an NSX.

I hope to bring an interesting build with my car, with the vision I have for it, my NSX will be unique and my style in a progression over some time. My personal philosophy with car builds is slow and quality, so over the next 5 or so years, I hope to bring some of the best pieces of quality parts to this car.

This is as I bought it, it's stock except for 17/18 BBS LMs.
7005168733_1f907154f9_b.jpg

My goal with this car is balance and lightness, so a few weeks after purchasing the car I stripped out the trunk and spare tire.
7043277369_55565de834_b.jpg

6897193592_b43e1a731d_b.jpg

I took off the BBS LMs and bought some Enkei RPF1s. They are going to be interim wheels until I figure out exactly what kind of sizing I want for my CE28Ns. I was really glad to bring the tire sizing back down closer to stock, because I want to experience the car in its 'purest' form so I can feel every single mod. Also put on Advan AD08s which are a truly wonderful tire.

7113155139_6ba3ec2f6b_b.jpg

This past week I really delved into the paint. I've been doing 2-3 hour evening sessions after work this entire week. I spent about 8-9 hours on the roof itself, and it has paid off tremendously.

It's the first time I've REALLY polished a car, and it's been really fun. The paint has taken 20 years of abuse and daily driving and it showed. I wish I could've gotten better pics of the condition but I found it's really freaking difficult to take pics of scratches in paint.

The entire surface of the car has micro scratches, and some areas have some really caked in oxidation and water spots
7143432111_259f3ba553_b.jpg

7143432601_164240da17_b.jpg

And here is how it stands after 9 hours of work. Amazing difference.
6997345760_8752130b1a_b.jpg

What I used (In this order too):
3M Rubbing compound
Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0
Meguiars Show Gloss
Meguiars Hi Tech Yellow Wax x2 coats
Meguiars Synthetic Sealant

Going to be finishing up the body hopefully this weekend.

Ha! Last pic looks like you just took a pic of the ceiling... Nice work.:smile:

You got yourself a great car with one of the most desired colors. I'm sure with the mileage you got a great price too. I'm looking forward to future updates. The polish job looks fantastic. Are you using an orbital polisher or doing it all by hand?

Good work Colin!!! I like that line "slow but quality build" :D

True enthusiast right here.

Thanks Robert!

Ha! Last pic looks like you just took a pic of the ceiling... Nice work.:smile:

Haha yeah actually when I first took pics of the roof I had no reference point which is why I added a bit of the car next to the nsx. Or else it just looks like a bad picture of my ceiling hah.

You got yourself a great car with one of the most desired colors. I'm sure with the mileage you got a great price too. I'm looking forward to future updates. The polish job looks fantastic. Are you using an orbital polisher or doing it all by hand?

Thanks! I'm using a porter cable buffer. If I were doing it truly by hand I would be at least 2x stronger at the end of the job.

Nice looking car for a high mileage car. What's are you planning to install on the car once all is done?
No front lip?

Thanks everyone!

Nice looking car for a high mileage car. What's are you planning to install on the car once all is done?
No front lip?

Thanks! Yeah, it's in great condition. Some knicks in the paint and small dents, but not bad at all.

Mod path will be something on the lines of:
Suspension
CE28Ns
I/H/E/Engine management/Tune
Interior bits
Then down the line, some really heavy modifications. Won't be for years though.

The original owner took the lip off (I have them) but I've been enjoying not scraping on anything, I haven't been in any rush to put one one haha. I have a modified Prelude that is really low and I have to deploy ramps to get it out of my driveway :| Been enjoying not having to do that!

Added a small suite of interior bits, provided by Mugen.

Mugen Wheel by Momo, NSX-R Horn, Works Bell Rapfix II Hub with Flapper quick release.

7509178854_c969aaf94f_b.jpg

I also added a Mugen knob and pedals, although those pics turned out terrible, so I will retake some at a later date.

Very nice addition!

Looks great! I have a '94 GPW, so I am partial to the color choice. :D

FYI...since you mentioned you want to experience the NSX in its most pure and correct form, I would seriously go buy one of the OEM black chin spoilers for the front bumper, since I see yours is missing. The reason? There is a very notable difference in the feel of the car at highway speeds and above both with and without it on there. When I had my spoiler off for a few days, you could feel the front end lifting up at highway speeds. With the chin spolier, no such lift could be felt. So it really is functional. Just thought you should know. Good luck in your journey, and congrats!

Thanks Mitch!

And wow, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I actually did know that, but for some reason, I've been putting ease of getting out of my driveway over the pure driving of the NSX. That, and I want to get a brand new lip. I will get on that ASAP, because you're absolutely right.

I'm actually extremely interested in aerodynamics, so I am really excited to be able to feel the difference with the front lip on! I've driven the car enough now that I know I will be able to feel a difference.

Beautiful car I'm Hoping to find a gpw for myself. What size did you go w for the rpf1 ?

Beautiful car I'm Hoping to find a gpw for myself. What size did you go w for the rpf1 ?

Thank you! Good luck! GPW is definitely my favorite NSX color.

The RPF1s are:
17x8 +35
17x9.5 +38

AD08s are:
215/40/17
255/40/17

I don't run spacers, and the offset is great. The fronts rub a little on the fender liner during hard turns, but it's not bad, and I am planning on solving that soon.

Back