• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 for $30K in Indy JH4NA1185ST000590

Re: 95 for $30K in Indy

Yeah, because a Honda without records must be a pile of crap, right?

Get a grip people, we aren't talking about an F-car here and we aren't talking about a top-dollar garage queen NSX. This could be a terrific driver's car for someone, it just needs to be checked out.

Not to assume it would have catastrophic failures, but the maintaince is the issue, if there are no records and it has not had timing belt service or A/C service that is $6000 at the dealer, let alone the ABS failing $3700. Starts to look like a pile of crap doesn't it? Given the option to buy a prestine 91 with all books records for $30 or a 95 with no records the choice is obvious.

Not to assume it would have catastrophic failures, but the maintaince is the issue, if there are no records and it has not had timing belt service or A/C service that is $6000 at the dealer, let alone the ABS failing $3700. Starts to look like a pile of crap doesn't it? Given the option to buy a prestine 91 with all books records for $30 or a 95 with no records the choice is obvious.

TB/WP are maintenance items. For a '95, those other things are not guaranteed to fail and by the same token even they've been fixed there's no guarantee they wont' fail again.

Given the choice between a pristine '91 for $30K that will depreciate if I put miles on it and a '95 that I can take the roof off of and treat like it's a car meant to be driven without wrecking its value, I'll take the '95.

I have no use for toys that I can't play with.

TB/WP are maintenance items. For a '95, those other things are not guaranteed to fail and by the same token even they've been fixed there's no guarantee they wont' fail again.

Given the choice between a pristine '91 for $30K that will depreciate if I put miles on it and a '95 that I can take the roof off of and treat like it's a car meant to be driven without wrecking its value, I'll take the '95.

I have no use for toys that I can't play with.

91-92's appreciated the value went up $8k in Nada and Kbb, any car will depreciate if it racks mileage. T's are fun and look nice, but OBD2 is most costly and has more stuff to go wrong.

To each his own for me Coupes, Zinardi, Type-R's are the ultimate interpretation of an NSX.

Doesn't change the inside color though:wink:

Well, you could always do what I did a few years ago. Buy some racing seats and an extra set of carpets. LOL!! :D :cool:

This car sold a couple of hours ago. I went in to look at it and my contact there (who has always shot straight with me) said I missed the guy by a couple of hours to a buyer from Madison, Wisconsin. He said the pictures on the Internet were how it arrived, and they had not detailed it at all. Clean local car with service history from the Acura dealer. The older couple that traded it in could not get in and out of it anymore so they bought a new Accord. Goes to show that good deals go fast.

Clean local car with service history from the Acura dealer. The older couple that traded it in could not get in and out of it anymore so they bought a new Accord. Goes to show that good deals go fast.

I can only imagine what the trade in deal was. Sir, you have a 13 year old Acura. The new Accord fully loaded cost $3x,xxx.xx. We'll give you $25,000 for your trade in if you want to seal the deal tonight and you'll be driving home in your new Honda.

Someone got a great deal on a clean NSX.

....Someone got a great deal on a clean NSX.

Yep, it looks like another instance of everyone stands around talking about what must be wrong with it, and someone else cuts through the bull and actually acts on the deal to snatch it from under the naysayers.

Yep, it looks like another instance of everyone stands around talking about what must be wrong with it, and someone else cuts through the bull and actually acts on the deal to snatch it from under the naysayers.

Well yeah except ... I already got mine. :)

And you already got two!

"Some of these people stereotypes kill me.. Oh car dealer= bad person and theif"

No, they are just in business to make money.

"The older couple that traded it in could not get in and out of it anymore so they bought a new Accord."

I quit believing everything I hear from used car salesmen quite some time ago.

Maybe this was a great deal? Who knows? But 9 times out of 10 I prefer to buy used cars from private parties.

We still do not have any actual info on the car from someone who actually checked it out.

Just pointing that out.................

"Some of these people stereotypes kill me.. Oh car dealer= bad person and theif"

No, they are just in business to make money.

"The older couple that traded it in could not get in and out of it anymore so they bought a new Accord."

I quit believing everything I hear from used car salesmen quite some time ago.

Maybe this was a great deal? Who knows? But 9 times out of 10 I prefer to buy used cars from private parties.

We still do not have any actual info on the car from someone who actually checked it out.

Just pointing that out.................

...and I am just pointing out that it is possible that what my person told me is true. I have known them for a while, and they have never lied to me. You on the other hand do not know them, and are guessing from across the comfort of the Internet. Could you set aside your negativity for a second and consider that it could be true? Geez. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I must have missed the part about someone inspecting the car.
No harm no foul...............:rolleyes:

If that is your attempt at sarcasm, you must be one massively negative person. I had someone I know and trust giving me information on the car. That IS inspecting the car. They were not trying to sell me on it, just providing information. By the way, I seem to have forgot. Did you have someone check it out to tell you it was NOT what my contact said it was? No you didn't. What the heck is your deal? I suppose if you spouse or family looked at something and told you what they saw you would doubt them too. :rolleyes:

Nevermind. I don't care. Go be negative somewhere else. How friggin' hard is it for some of the NSX Prime synics on here to get their heads out of their backsides and realize that not every possible good deal out there is someone trying to screw them over? Every once in a while good deals and stories DO happen. Geez.

MCM,

A little secret in the car biz I will let you in on..

I BUY FROM PRIVATE OWNERS TOO!!!!!

All of the time.. and most dealers do!

All but one of my nsx's came from a private owner. Usually they dont want negative people such as yourself to badger them with rediculous questions and ponder for 5 weeks so they sell to dealers at discounts in order to relieve the pain of selling the car. I then go threw them and make sure they are great cars, do a small markup and sell them at great deals to another customer. It is a real easy thing to do, but you have to be the right person.. You can't write a car off because of an old exhaust etc... Look past the obvious and you will usually find the best deals!

You will know when I am being sarcastic.
It was simply my attempt to apologize for not reading the entire thread.

Sounds more like your having a bad day...........:smile:

Working at the dealership here and knowing the cars from my time working for Comptech, it had CT headers and while the tips are not right, the previous owner had a flowmaster exhaust built and put those tips on it. With a little TLC, it will make the new owner a fine ride. It was priced according to the books and I believe that it was a steal.

They are out there.

Back