• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 NSX-T SRS Light Reset

Have done a lot of research on Google and looking through the manuals hunting for a method of reseting my dashboard SRS light. There is 0 amount of do-it-yourself information available for the NSX. I think I found the MES 2 wire connector and had a hell of a time locating then defeating upside down the #@!^$ double locking connector mechanism. After cursing and a few attemps to loosen without breaking the connector, got it out and attempted the standard shorted MES connector method used on many Acuras and Honda vehicles. This technique does not work on 95 NSXs for sure and probably not on any other year NSX either! It appears the SRS system can only be serviced with a laptop running Honda/Acura software. Maybe Snap-On's $6000 scanner can reset the system but I don't have access to one of those tools either. Just my luck my car is an early 95 that does not have a DLC connector but does have an ODB2 system. To fix my emissions problems I had to wire in my own J1962 standard DLC connector but chose to use SAE suggested pinout to make use of My CEN-TECH 98614 scanner. Honda/Acura uses odd pins for their J1962 connection to their car's computers and proprietary code for everything but the emissions related components. Went to two different Acura dealers and they tried to use my SAE J1962 wired connector. Told them that they had to use what ever method early 95 cars are serviced without the DLC connector. Both dealer techs were stumped and had no idea what I was talking about! they were clueless on how to proceed. Would love to put the interior back together. This all happened because the seat belts and seats were removed then put back later. Now what? any ideas?

Attachments

• SRS MES Socket sm.jpg
    SRS MES Socket sm.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 333
  • SRS MES Connector sm.jpg
    SRS MES Connector sm.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 260
  • SRS MES Connector 2 sm.jpg
    SRS MES Connector 2 sm.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Hoehn Acura really p***ed me off with their lead service tech attitude. He said I would have to leave the car with an "open" check as to how much time he would bill me for, wouldn't even give a guess how long it would take or what parts needed to be replaced. I showed him the DLC connector I installed but because it wasn't "Acura standard" he assumed he had to re-wire the car. On the way home from another disapointment it dawned on me. Decided to make two adapter cables, one Honda and one SAE for me. Today went back to the pick-a-part in Otay Mesa and got two sets of four pin male and female connectors and a couple of J1962 DLC connectors. There is some confusion as to the pin numbers, different web sites show different pin outs for this standard connector. Bottom photo is correct, verifyed by numbers stamped in DLC. Put the socket part on the 95 NSX and the male part on the two adapters. Tested the SAE one with my scanner, checked out OK. Next drove down to my local Acura dealer and asked the lead service tech to verify that I got the Honda adapter pin out correct. Since he was involved with the first repair he was reluctant to discuss reseting my SRS and displayed quite an attitude. He said "your car must be ODB1 and that requires a special setup that we do not have" I said no, this is an ODB2 car with four O2 sensors and is fully ODB2 compliant. I asked him "did they ever make a throttle by wire ODB1 car?" Of course they didn't. Tried to schedule an appointment to have SRS reset again. It doesn't look good, they said they would call me back. SRS light nemesis, once the car is finished I'll have to get another hobby or get married!
Stephen
Have done a lot of research on Google and looking through the manuals hunting for a method of reseting my dashboard SRS light. There is 0 amount of do-it-yourself information available for the NSX. I think I found the MES 2 wire connector and had a hell of a time locating then defeating upside down the #@!^$ double locking connector mechanism. After cursing and a few attemps to loosen without breaking the connector.........

Attachments

• Correct Numbering Conector.gif
    Correct Numbering Conector.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Honda vs SAE DLC 2 sm.jpg
    Honda vs SAE DLC 2 sm.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Honda vs SAE DLC 1 sm.jpg
    Honda vs SAE DLC 1 sm.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 186
  • SAE DLC with Scanner sm.jpg
    SAE DLC with Scanner sm.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Acura NSX pins DLC 1.jpg
    Acura NSX pins DLC 1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Because I put 91 interior parts in my 95 car three years ago, forgot that passenger side air bag, passenger seat sensor and seat belt tensioners with SRS connectors slipped my mind. Will have to fix those first before proceeding.

Have done a lot of research on Google and looking through the manuals hunting for a method of reseting my dashboard SRS light. There is 0 amount of do-it-yourself information available for the NSX. I think I found the MES 2 wire connector and had a hell of a time locating then defeating upside down the #@!^$ double locking connector mechanism. After cursing and a few attemps to loosen without breaking the connector.........

There shouldn't be a passenger seat sensor. Only the passenger airbag and both seat belt tensioners.

Not sure if it will help you but I had to replace my clock spring in my steering wheel. My airbag light was on and it's essentially like having the airbag unplugged. I drove around with the light on until I got the new clock spring. After I swapped it I plugged everything in, reconnected the battery and the light went off by itself. I didn't have to do any reset procedures or anything; just start the car.

Yes for seats there isn't an SRS connection but a seat belt warning lamp in the cluster. The seat belt sensor plugs from the 91 seats are not compatible with the 95 car's harness, will have to adapt a connection. From what I understand, if I replace seat belts with 93+ version, SRS will reset itself. That is if there are no ether issues with the system.

There shouldn't be a passenger seat sensor. Only the passenger airbag and both seat belt tensioners.

Not sure if it will help you but I had to replace my clock spring in my steering wheel. My airbag light was on and it's essentially like having the airbag unplugged. I drove around with the light on until I got the new clock spring. After I swapped it I plugged everything in, reconnected the battery and the light went off by itself. I didn't have to do any reset procedures or anything; just start the car.

Last edited:
Back