• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 vs. 97 NSX-T?

I am in the market for an NSX-T. I know this is an very subjective question, but I am wondering whether the '97 improvements (engine size, 6-speed) are significant enough to justify stretching to a '97 instead of a '95. Could I have your impresssions of the differences? Thanks.

I have owned a '91 NSX and now a '00 NSX-T, I would say that the changes between the two engines is substantial. Especially considering the '95 NSX-T is heavier than the '91. If you have the extra money spend it and buy the '97-'00 model, it will also be worth more if you ever plan to sell it.

Take this opinion for what it is worth though, I am already upgrading mine with a Comptech supercharger. You can never have enough Power!

By the way no matter which option you take you can't go wrong!

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 09 November 2000).]

The tighter 6 speed gearing and more power more than make up for the added weight, keeping the later model T's quite competitive with earlier model coupes.

Note that the '97 and later NSX-T's also have additional structural rigidity to compensate for the targa modification.

If you have to go targa, go with a '97 or later...you won't be disappointed.
wink.gif

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 09 November 2000).]

Note that the '97 and later NSX-T's also have additional structural rigidity to compensate for the targa modification.

According to the FAQ, the additional structural rigidity (primarily in the door sills) was added in '95 (not '97) to compensate for the -T modification.

The '97 and later cars have slightly more rigidity than the earlier cars due to different metal composition or thickness in the body panels beginning in '97.

Would you say with the added HP and the 6 speed that they are faster than the 91 through 96's ?

I just got my 98. I had a 91 and sold it for this car. The differences are dramatic. Everything is smoother. The 6 Speed is MUCH better. It is absolutely a better car.

Would you say with the added HP and the 6 speed that they are faster than the 91 through 96's ?

According to the magazine tests, yes.

Back