• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'97> NSX coupe owners

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have a '97 or later model NSX that isn't a targa top? How does your NSX drive in comparison to the Targas or the '91-'94 coupes?

Late model coupes have better gearing and I think, electric power assist (mine doesn't because it's a Z). Engine is slightly stronger as well. Otherwise, not terribly different. If you're thinking about upgrading an early coupe, getting forced induction might be more cost effective and fun than getting a newer coupe...

--twc

Keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of '97+ coupes are the NSX-Z (Zanardi), and their ride characteristics will be different from the earlier coupe, partly because of the other changes introduced on the -Z.

Kevin, are you asking about the ride in the NSX-Z, or the non-Z '97+ coupes? (I think Dave from NY is the only one with the latter on the forums, AFAIK.)

Originally posted by BladesNSX:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have a '97 or later model NSX that isn't a targa top? How does your NSX drive in comparison to the Targas or the '91-'94 coupes?

This information is passed from a friend that do some road course. He had 96 NSX-T and a 98 NSX-T and sold both and order a 2000 coupe. The NSX-T chassis strength is weaker than the S2000. The early coupe is slightly better than the S2000 and the new coupe is alot stronger than the S2000.

Back