• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 Comptech Yellow on eBay jh4na2160xt000024

Says the car is in Scottsdale. Anyone know this owner or car?

I'm looking for a stock yellow 97/98 for around 45k, but this one is pretty close in more ways than one. (I'm also in Scottsdale. :) ) Are there drawbacks to having a Comptech supercharger? Does it shorten the life of the engine?

I searched for the VIN and didn't find any results.

VIN: jh4na2160xt000024
Link to eBay listing

UPDATE: Called the owner and am going to check it out tomorrow. Says he is the 2nd owner of the car.

Last edited:
Re: 99 Comptech Yellow on eBay

It *looks* like a great deal. I've been looking at it myself but I'm too far away to purchase a pig in a poke. I'm also kind of "stuck" on Imola Orange, '02 or higher

Let us know what it looks like. :wink: FWIW, Carfax is clean.

NSX-GUY said:
Let us know what it looks like. :wink: FWIW, Carfax is clean.

Thanks, NSX-GUY... I'm vibrating at an extremely high frequency. :D I'll update this thread with my impressions and pics.

The owner said it was a polished stainless exhaust that looks stock, but he wasn't sure of the make. It wasn't Taitec or Tubi or anything, though.. he said maybe "BND", but that brand doesn't sound familiar to me at all.

EDIT: Oh! When you say carfax is clean, does that mean no accidents? or just no salvage title, etc.? If you still have it, mind pasting here? :)

waldorf said:
Thanks, NSX-GUY... I'm vibrating at an extremely high frequency. :D I'll update this thread with my impressions and pics.

The owner said it was a polished stainless exhaust that looks stock, but he wasn't sure of the make. It wasn't Taitec or Tubi or anything, though.. he said maybe "BND", but that brand doesn't sound familiar to me at all.

EDIT: Oh! When you say carfax is clean, does that mean no accidents? or just no salvage title, etc.? If you still have it, mind pasting here? :)

Good news - This VIN qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! Your risk-free protection from buying a vehicle with severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems, or lemon history) that were reported by a DMV.

You must register to activate this free guarantee! Go to www.carfax.com to register today!

Please do not reply to this message as it is being sent by an automated e-mail system! For customer inquiries or questions visit the CARFAX Help Center at www.carfax.com/help.

Additional Services & Resources:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Price Quote Vehicle Financing Insurance Center Extended Warranty

Since its establishment as an independent company in 1986, CARFAX has collected the largest vehicle history database in North America. This database currently includes over 3 billion records from thousands of public and private sources.

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by an Arizona DMV in 2002.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 9,067 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 08/29/2004, was 41,619 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
ACURA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty. Interested in an Extended Warranty?
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 7 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 1999 ACURA NSX-T

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.2L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Removable panels, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect ACURA NSX-T? Check out a list of them in your area.

FREE to you from CARFAX. With the CARFAX Vehicle History Report, you get all this additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

How safe and reliable is this 1999 ACURA NSX-T?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

Looking for other 1999 ACURA NSX-T vehicles like this one in your area?
Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Hot Listings

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1999 ACURA NSX-T?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Helping your teen learn to drive?
Get safe teen driving tips and information with the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 26.Apr.2005 14:47:49. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024).

Date: Mileage:
05/23/2002 31,020
08/11/2004 41,322
08/29/2004 41,619

Average miles driven per year 9,067 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024) had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner No data No data
2nd owner 08/29/2004 Arizona

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024) was originally registered as a Personal Vehicle.

Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

ACURA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1999 ACURA NSX-T. You can also contact an authorized dealership or ACURA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024) still has recalls that require repair.

For your convenience, CARFAX has estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage based on information reported to us on this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024). Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer. Interested in an extended warranty?

Estimated start date of warranty: 01/28/2000
Last reading reported on 08/29/2004: 41,619 miles
Today's Date: April 26, 2005

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 60 months or unlimited mileage Coverage expired
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles 34 months or 38,381 miles
Notes: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Roadside assistance covered for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Warranty transferable at no cost to subsequent owners.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the ACURA web site.

CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 7 record(s) for this 1999 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2160XT000024).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

01/28/2000 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mesa, AZ
Registered as
personal vehicle

05/23/2002 31,020 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mesa, AZ
Title #248M002143025
Title or registration issued

08/11/2002 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mesa, AZ
Title #221W002221030

03/20/2003 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mesa, AZ
Title #242M003079009

08/11/2004 41,322 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Desert Southwest Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

08/19/2004 Arizona
Inspection Station
Passed emissions inspection

08/29/2004 41,619 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Higley, AZ
Title #557M004240019
New owner reported

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

Personal Use
Vehicle was registered by the owner for private or personal use.

CARFAX
BUYBACK GUARANTEE

If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Severe Damage: Odometer Problems: Lemon History:
Salvage/Junk

Rebuilt/Reconstructed

Dismantled

Fire/Flood/Hail

Canadian Total Loss
Exceeds Mechanical Limits

Not Actual Mileage
Manufacturer Buyback

It's an RM racing or B&B exhaust (same thing).

Damn, that crar is so clean that if I did not have my '01 I would buy that one. Price seems pretty good to given the CTSC. Very clean car judging by the pictures. Someone is going to get a nice ride. Good luck.

Cairo94507 said:
Damn, that crar is so clean that if I did not have my '01 I would buy that one. Price seems pretty good to given the CTSC. Very clean car judging by the pictures. Someone is going to get a nice ride. Good luck.

Thanks! I'm hoping everything is really as good as it looks and we come to some sort of agreement today so he can cancel the auction. :) I'll keep everyone posted.

Ah HA! This is the same NSX that is on AutoTrader here

And was previously discussed in this thread

Prime member Sid passed on the car due to numerous rock chips and fitment issues with the trunk and hood. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

I called "Phoenician Auto Sales" to verify these were both the same car (99 yellow Comptech SC, painted calipers, both in Phoenix kind of gave it away) and the person I spoke to (Kevin?) yelled out "Do we still have that NXS?!". Made me chuckle. Anyways, he says it's a consignment deal with the owner who I'm meeting this afternoon. He said they didn't have it on-site, but could 'get it for me'. I told him that was okay and thanked him for his time. :)

So to sum up, it looks like Sid did a pretty thorough inspection and test drive of the car, but was concerned about the fitment issues. I've PM'd him requesting him to elaborate a bit and will give you guys an update tonight.

Well, it IS a 6 year old car with 44K+ miles on it so it's bound to have some rock chips and scrapes. So long as there is no chassis damage nor extensive paintwork, $51K is still a pretty decent price for a non-Comptech car of that age and mileage, no ? And this one has $10K worth of extras ???

Keep us posted.

NSX-GUY said:
Well, it IS a 6 year old car with 44K+ miles on it so it's bound to have some rock chips and scrapes. So long as there is no chassis damage nor extensive paintwork, $51K is still a pretty decent price for a non-Comptech car of that age and mileage, no ? And this one has $10K worth of extras ???

Keep us posted.

:D :D :D :D Done deal. She's mine. Details coming tomorrow. :D :D :D :D

p.s. He mentioned someone from New Jersey called and made an offer today. Was that you, NSX-GUY? ;)

Nice work. That car does look real nice. Last April I paid $50k for a '99 Kaiser with 35k, so it seems like this is very fairly priced. See you at NXSPO :biggrin:
Jesse

waldorf said:
:D :D :D :D Done deal. She's mine. Details coming tomorrow. :D :D :D :D

p.s. He mentioned someone from New Jersey called and made an offer today. Was that you, NSX-GUY? ;)

Congratulations !!! What did you finally pay ? Sounds like the price was right to begin with (a RARE occurrence nowadays) :biggrin:

Nope - wasn't me. I couldn't do a long distance deal at the moment because I haven't reduced my "inventory" yet. My M3 is on autotrader and not drawing much action. If the NSX was close by and at a dealer I might be tempted to go the "trade in" route, but trading in 1 (or even 2) cars to a dealer in Az for your yellow '99 is problematic at best and not something I'm inclined to look into.

Again, congrats. Sounds like a great deal to me. :wink:

I should probably make a more fully fledged introduction in a new thread, but long story short:

I've been in love with X's for, oh, about 14 years now. :) Been looking seriously for a red 97+ since around 99 until I saw a Spa Yellow for the first time at a car show in Dallas. Switched gears and started looking for a yellow until I got transferred to Phoenix. Carrying two mortgages put the car on hiatus for a bit and when I sold the Dallas house, yellow 97+ NSX's turned out to be a rare color of an already-rare bird. While this particular car is a little newer than what I was looking for and I have absolutely *no* idea what to do with that CTSC, it felt like the stars aligned and this was the car for me.

It's in immaculate condition, even looking at the engine from underneath is clean, rotors polished, you name it. I *almost* feel bad driving it. ;)

As far as price goes, he had already turned down 4 offers yesterday for $50k even, so I had to go a little above that.

Bottom line is, this is my dream car. I'd rather have this car than any Lamborghini, Ferrari, or other exotic I've seen over the years except for maybe a Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder (beautiful late 50's model), but that paycheck is in some alternate universe. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah... can't forget the McLaren F1.

In any case, everything feels "right" about this car. If I had a personal team of engineers at my disposal to design my perfect car, this would be it to the last detail.

Thanks everyone for your input! Where do I sign up for NSXCA/NSXPO? :D

mine_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats once again. Glad you found your "baby". Looks great. But who's that funny looking guy in front of it though ? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I had a '98 Yellow myself. Easy one of, if not the best, cars I've ever owned or driven.

Enjoy !!! :wink:

NsXMas said:
Congrats! I was under the impression that you had one already. Glad you can enjoy the nice weather now with the yellow beauty! We're doing a drive next weekend. Would be nice if you could join us. :)

Thanks! I'm so happy. After I got Mark Basch to give her a look-over and determined everything was fine, I tested out the supercharger a bit. Wowee does this thing fly. Also, I think my favorite thing is going under overpasses and hearing the exhaust roar. Reminds me alot of my friend's 355. :D

Anyhoo, I've been a fan of the NSX for 14 years and been lurking on Prime since around '99. I post fairly frequently (mostly answering questions that can be found in the FAQ ;) ), so that may have given the impression I was already an owner.

Tell me about this drive next weekend! I didn't see any details in the Southwest forum.

Congratulations!

I know how you feel. A few months ago the yellow NSX rolled off the truck here in Phoenix. I'd been looking for quite a while. It must have been great seeing it before buying it. I didn't have the luxuary and so had a couple of weeks of being very, very nervours. It turned out the car was perfect, however. I got lucky.

And since you're in Phoenix, you could always volunteer to help with NSXPO. From the meeting I attended, it sounds as if the Phoenix folks want to throw the best NSXPO ever.

SLarsen said:
Congratulations!

I know how you feel. A few months ago the yellow NSX rolled off the truck here in Phoenix. I'd been looking for quite a while. It must have been great seeing it before buying it. I didn't have the luxury and so had a couple of weeks of being very, very nervous. It turned out the car was perfect, however. I got lucky.

And since you're in Phoenix, you could always volunteer to help with NSXPO. From the meeting I attended, it sounds as if the Phoenix folks want to throw the best NSXPO ever.

Thanks! I also got a bit lucky. :) I was so enamored with this car upon my initial 3 hour inspection, I went ahead and made the deal on the spot before getting Mark to check it out. Luckily, the only thing wrong with her is that one of the tow hooks (two plates with holes for chains underneath the front headlights) got bent and is pinching one of the AC hoses. He's just going to bend it back and replace the hoses for me, but other than that, all is well. :)

Funny you should mention volunteering for NSXPO. I've already got my NSXCA form filled out and ready to mail in, but went ahead and emailed Heather Woodall about any volunteer positions needed for NSXPO. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah! I took the pics and text from the original eBay listing and added a few of my own and made a little home on the web for her here. The performance numbers seem to be inflated to me, so I'll have to hit the dyno and update the page.

Last edited:
Congrats again. GREAT FIND!!!!

btw, I was also under the impression that you were already an owner.

Congratulations. This looks like an exceptional car. I think you did very well. This is exactly what I will be looking for in my next NSX - spa yellow CTSC but it's very hard to find one! The car looks great.

Now about your comment on not knowing what to do with the CTSC, I have an idea - sell it to me! PM me if you are interested.

ISONSX said:
Now about your comment on not knowing what to do with the CTSC, I have an idea - sell it to me! PM me if you are interested.

Haha... I'll just say it's growing on me. ;) I've already got a nickname for it - the Flux Capacitor. :D Although at present, I'm only able to travel into the future at the exact rate time normally passes.

Back