• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

9th Annual CalCoastalNSX Canyon Drive! Oct 4th 2009 - You don't want to miss this!

Eric - they need pictures to submit with the article, not 9 months later when you convert RAW to JPEG :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good point. :tongue:

In lieu of the usual raffle, I am donating a pair of SPEAKERCRAFT AIM8 ONE
IN-CEILING SPEAKERS valued at $500/pair. One lucky person will win the pair for themselves to take home.

aim8one.jpg

Details here: http://www.speakercraft.com/#Products:65:AIM8 One

Wouldn't be a CalCoastal Drive without giving away some free stuff!

ANYONE COMING FROM SOUTH
We're going to LEAVE Trader Joes on Culver just west of I-5 at Walnut in Irvine at 6:15am. Join us on the ride to Valencia. Cell 310 600-5129 Gil

ANYONE COMING FROM SOUTH
We're going to LEAVE Trader Joes on Culver just west of I-5 at Walnut in Irvine at 6:15am. Join us on the ride to Valencia. Cell 310 600-5129 Gil

Good idea, see you at the usual place by 6:15 at the link below. :eek: yawn :eek:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&rls=en&sourceid=opera&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=trader+joes+culver+irvine&fb=1&gl=us&hq=trader+joes+culver&hnear=irvine&cid=0,0,18270898982094565491&ei=EbHHStisDouIsgP4g9WhBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

ANYONE COMING FROM SOUTH

Gil, I will meet you there. See you in the morning.

Ryan

Due to a bad sinus problem I am going to miss the drive :mad: :mad:. Hope everyone has fun. Drive SAFE!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Dealing with family emergency so I won't make it this time. You guys have a great time - be safe..

Well...the drive was fun, while it lasted...(for me). Clutch issue sent me home wounded. Was nice to meet some of you guys regardless, hope the rest of the run was problem free!

Well...the drive was fun, while it lasted...(for me). Clutch issue sent me home wounded. Was nice to meet some of you guys regardless, hope the rest of the run was problem free!

Sorry to hear about your clutch problems :frown::frown::frown:

Another wonderful drive with a great group of people!

My right rear tire decided to give up the ghost and delayed me for over an hour. Thanks to Joseph for a quick rescue!!!

Thanks to everyone who joined us and with you, this would not be happening :biggrin:

I created a picture thread here. Please place pics in that thread please :wink:

Thanks John for another great drive! It was great to see all of you and sharing the road again after a few years away! C u later on the road!

Peter

Did you guys notice someone in a silver G35 sedan with a camera? That was me! I was driving home to the Bay Area after visiting my cousin for the weekend and checking the shoulders of I5 for HP when I noticed you guys driving along the side road. I immediately exited and broke out the camera.

Here's the video from that. It looks like it was a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnePw5vjrTM

EDIT: sorry for the background music... I was alone and had a long drive ahead of me so I had the music up kinda high

J

Last edited:
I remember seeing you J. We had just pulled out of the gas station parking lot and I pointed you out to my brother who was riding shotgun. What are the odds?:biggrin:

I remember seeing you!!! I was the last NSX (yellow) and just thought you were some random person taking pics. That is some crazy odds of you seeing us, having a camera and being able to stop in time and take a video.
Love it :biggrin:

Did you guys notice someone in a silver G35 sedan with a camera? That was me! I was driving home to the Bay Area after visiting my cousin for the weekend and checking the shoulders of I5 for HP when I noticed you guys driving along the side road. I immediately exited and broke out the camera.

Here's the video from that. It looks like it was a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnePw5vjrTM

EDIT: sorry for the background music... I was alone and had a long drive ahead of me so I had the music up kinda high

J

John,
We had a great time! It was nice to meet your wife, daugher and all the others.
This was our first group NSX Canyon Run. What a way to spend our 29th wedding aniversary! I was torn between the drive and a triathlon....I made the right choice. Lots of triathlons locally, no other canyon runs with a great group of NSX peeps.

Quotes of the day:

Starbucks coffee server @start: "Look at all the Corvettes showing up" My response: Better not let the other's hear that or they will be insulted, they are Acura NSX's." Other coffee server "OK, lets just call them sports cars"

Wife - "Honey the Dramamine is really working, go for it, don't let them get away!"

Yes, I have the perfect wife....... she runs, bikes, does triathlons, brews beer, is a gormet cook, likes fast cars and puts up with me!

John,
We had a great time! It was nice to meet your wife, daugher and all the others.
This was our first group NSX Canyon Run. What a way to spend our 29th wedding aniversary! I was torn between the drive and a triathlon....I made the right choice. Lots of triathlons locally, no other canyon runs with a great group of NSX peeps.

Quotes of the day:

Starbucks coffee server @start: "Look at all the Corvettes showing up" My response: Better not let the other's hear that or they will be insulted, they are Acura NSX's." Other coffee server "OK, lets just call them sports cars"

Wife - "Honey the Dramamine is really working, go for it, don't let them get away!"

Yes, I have the perfect wife....... she runs, bikes, does triathlons, brews beer, is a gormet cook, likes fast cars and puts up with me!

Man that is a good wife! Hold on to that one! :) And happy anniversary! :biggrin:

Thanks John for organizing another Canyon drive. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: My 7th and enjoyable as the others. Sorry about your tire, hope you have it all fixed up by now.

I'm sorry Scott (feeling ill) could not make it this year, I know he spent a lot of time on the route, payments, logistics, etc.... Thank you for doing all of that! And thanks to Gil for the map reproductions too!

The video from the G35 was cool. Thanks for posting!

Back