• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A clean installation for valentine remote see pix

I recently purchased a valentine radar with remote audio and display. After much thought, I came up with a perfect location for the remote display. I removed the clock and placed the remote display there. (I always look at my watch anyway) Originally, I planned to use a dremel to remove the bottom portion(or top portion) of the clock housing and remove the window to allow the entire display to be visualized. Once I placed it in the housing I reralized it to be a perfect fit with the exception of the bottom arrow. I decided against gambling with my dremel because you can still see a hint of the bottom arrow so it's completely functional. This was fairly simple to do and am questioning why everyone does not use this location.?.
BTW the remote audio fits perfectly in the ashtray in perfect reach for my hand. I only had to remove the screw holding the "butt extinguisher" to remove it.
Any questions??

Your photo link is not valid, does not compute and is broke.

please post good link, thanks

That looks great, I have a few ideas for my remote mount and you just added another, Thanks

I purchased an NSX with a new technology. It uses a remote display to measure time. It is called a "clock". After much thought, I came up with a perfect location for the remote clock. I looked at where the V1 display was on the car shown here and placed the remote display "clock" there. (I always listen to my radar detector anyway.) Once I placed it in the housing I realized it to be a perfect fit. This was fairly simple to do and am questioning why everyone does not use this location.?

biggrin.gif

danfrancisdo, great job! Hey the big question in my mind is, where did you put the Main unit??? I am assuming it is in a stealth location. Please let me know. And no wise cracks from me, good job!

Originally posted by dochartung:
danfrancisdo, great job! Hey the big question in my mind is, where did you put the Main unit??? I am assuming it is in a stealth location. Please let me know. And no wise cracks from me, good job!

Thanks. I purchased a V1 mount from Mark Johnson at Daliracing.com

see link http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=637

The main unit is mounted in the center of the rear bulk head. It's not apparent when the back window is tinted.

At the risk of making some enemies out of excellent vendors, I need to express my concern. Although this V1 positioning may function well under normal conditions, I have always been bothered by this location of the mount for saftey reasons. In the event of a serious wreck, particularly a broad-sided NSX or rollover NSX, the occupants heads are violently thrown to the left and right, in which case I can't imagine avoiding being seriously injured by the aluminum mount. I certainly hope I'm wrong about this. Does anyone have a different perception?

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Mine is mounted directly on top of the center 'speaker' just below where the dali one is mounted. I believe its the same mount, but the previous owner of my car had the same idea about safety, as you did. From what i've seen, the performance of the radar detector has not been compromised because of its location. I am still FLOORED as to the distance, both front and rear, that the V1 detects radar from.

------------------

Back