• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A familiar face, just not mine

I am new to this forum but my car certainly is not.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...spd-CTSC-Sebring-Silver-BLK-JH4NA115XMT001579
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Silver-Black-5-Speed-63797-JH4NA115XMT001579
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Silver-Black-5-Speed-69000-JH4NA115XMT001579

In 2010 DDozier said that “This car has been owned by at least three Prime members” and that he’d been “in contact with most of them.” If anyone knows what their user names were/are, it’d be great to know. It’d be fun to learn even more about the life of my car.

I purchased the car from Mpeyser in a Bring a Trailer auction ending on 6/22 and took delivery of it on 6/23. (Mpeyser lives in the next town over and dropped it off.) But I’ve only been able to drive it once around the block, using his plates! Little did I realize how Covid 19 has impacted vehicle registration in CT. Up until today, all DMVs have been closed to private purchase vehicle registration. However, CT DMV deputized five dealerships to register those cars. Of the five, I was only able to get through to one, on the other end of the state, and they gave me an appointment for July 23[SUP]rd[/SUP]. My alternative was to drop off the registration packet at one of the designated branches, and then wait for it to be processed. Not.

So, I was completely psyched when I learned that as of 6/30 it would be possible to make an appointment to register the car at a DMV site. I jumped on the website at 7:00 this morning to schedule . . . and sure enough, first available time slot was July 24[SUP]th[/SUP]!

Luckily, the deputy dealership list had expended to 19 shops. I started calling from the bottom of the list, finally got one to give me an appointment for 7/10 and when I called them back to give them my cell number in case there was a cancellation, they told me to come on in. Hallelujah!

Tonight, if the roads dry up, me and my lovely bride of 34 years will go for a drive.

Congratulations. Silver is a very nice color.

2020 is an interesting time. Something to remember when you look back at your car.

Enjoy driving your car once you get your paperwork taken care of. Are you getting custom plates?

[MENTION=32903]natcc99[/MENTION]. The dealer only had conventional plates so I was unable to register as a classic/antique. I'll argue for the limited municipal property tax of $500.00 though as the car meets the requirements of CGS scetion 14-1(2) - (1) be at least 20 years old, (2) be preserved because of historical interest, and (3) not be modified from the original manufacturer’s specifications (CGS § 14-1 (2) (Cough, cough.)

Was thinking of BKT LST for a vanity plate, lol

Took it for the first drive last night. Car is everything I'd hoped it would be. Just barely got my toes wet though since learning the car. No dipping into vtec either since wife was with me. Clutch has a high engagement point, though it seems to hold fine. It's an aftermarket unit with about 35k miles on it. I'm thinking of bleeding the system to see if there's any improvement. I looked up the throw adjustment in the factory manual. Adjustment seems straight forward enough but I have NO IDEA how I'd get in there without removing the seat and laying on my back and then how am I going to move the pedal up and down? May be time to start researching real mechanics in my area.

Glad you got to take your gem for a drive. Smart move taking it easy. There will be plenty of opportunities to open it up once you feel more comfortable with the car.

I'm not familiar with the clutch adjustment process, but did remove my seat. Seat removal is basic. There should be no surprises. The only difference is that mine is a targa so it is probably easier to remove compared to your coupe.

Congrats!! Saw that auction and was kinda surprised how well you did on that price......although the seller did himself no favors with the pics he used to sell it with. Lucky for you!!! Really good deal.....

I sure miss my Sebring Silver

Thanks. The auction pics could have been better, certainly. But when he dropped it off (seller in next town over) it was striking. Looked like it had been detailed, in fact.
414453464.jpg

Back