We have really enjoyed our new NSX. I have a few questions now that we have put 1500 miles (mostly from the FL trip) on it.
- Seems that everytime I launch the car for the first time after it has sat for a while, I hear a very faint "growling" noise along with a vibration feel in the gas peddle, lasting until the clutch is fully engaged. Once it moves and I launch again, the noise and vibration are gone. Has anyone else had this experience? What is it?
- Yesterday was the first time we removed the T-Top. The car did not seem as rigid. I felt more vibration in the steering wheel as I drove over small bumps in the road. The car had more flex. Is this normal? It is hard to believe that the top provides that much difference to the rigidity of the car.
- When the engine warms up to normal temperature, the shifter and the clutch are not as smooth as when they are cold. Is this normal? Are there lube points on either the clutch or shifter?
- After we arrived home last weekend, I noticed a chip in the T-Top that was poorly touched-up. I immediately called the dealer and he did not argure it happened there. I want this fixed right. I know it takes special techniques to repaint this area. Any ideas on who and how to get this fixed in the Washington D.C. area?
- Finally, does anyone know of a good "certified" NSX tech in the Washington D.C. area?
My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting about 11 other DC NSXers this past Sat and one of them, Roy and his son Mike was kind enough to take a nice picture of our car. Here it is: