• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A new supercharger for NSX from Jackson Racing?????

Just seen Adam Sawuratari's 91 NSX on Speedvisions Import car show and he talked about development work on a supercharger that he is working on with Jackson Racing for both his street car and his pro racer. What's exciting is this guys reputation in the import car racing scene and without doubt he probably has the fastest NSX in the 1/4 mile. However, I'm curious about the possibility of a supercharger kit from Jackson Racing.

Same here. I wrote Oscar's team the minute I read that Adam was dropping the turbo setup in favor of a roots style blower designed by Mr. Jackson himself. They basically said that Adam's ride is a one off job, especially due to the engine being relocated to the front of his ride. Any design they develop will be custom made to fit Adam's engine bay, and therefore not ours. And now you know the rest of the story.

I have heard the same thing. They will not build a supercharger for the NSX. They said there is not enough of a market for it. To bad it would be good publicity for them. If they came out with one I would probably consider it more than others. They have exellent customer service. They go above and beyond what they should be doing for a customer. I can't count how much stuff has been given to me by them. I would deal with them any day.

Oscar offers great service, but I must say that our local heroes (Mark, Larry, etc.) are a hell of a lot easier to talk to and reach. From what I have seen, the guys right here in this forum are more dependable than a hundred Oscar Jacksons. And that is not to be taken lightly!

Once you talk to one of there Techs. Mainly Keith Taber you will get all of your questions answered. I don't want to mention what I got free of charge or why I got it, because you will probably have a bunch of people calling and trying to get free stuff. I had legitamate problems (let me stress again legitamate), parts were delivered next day air free of charge including cost of parts. These parts weren't part of the supercharger.
wink.gif
They are very professional you just need to talk to the right people. E-mailing them is useless you will never get a response. I have yet to deal with Mark or some of the others. I am sure they are great. But I have already dealt with Jackson and know before hand what kind of service I am going to get. They go the extra mile with no hassle.

I guess where the confusion arise is when
Adam was describing his everyday driver NSX and I believe he has a supercharger in it. By the way, he has a fabulous body kit and has quite a few carbon fibre pieces. Does anyone have a photo to post of his car?

Adam's car has a GrupeM body kit with a comptech supercharger in it. He went with the Comptech SC because "it has a more proven track record and data backing it up".

I just talked to a Jackson Racing sales rep and they said they have been in business for 20 yrs. There still isn't any plan for making one for the NSX :mad: Man, us NSXers ain't getting no love in the aftermarket world. Seems like it is always an obstacle in R&D because of not enough market for sales. This sucks!! I betcha if they made a competitive SC to Comptechs, at almost half the price, NSX owners would want to buy. Guess I'll keep on dreaming on this one :(

I'm starting not buy the "market isn't big enough" theory. Used NSX's are coming down in price and more and more younger people (who are very performance and image conscious) are buying them. It's a growth market and a showcase of what would be possible with their engineering expertise. Maybe I'm totally wrong though. I dunno.

I do know that every attempt I've made to contact Adam S. for an NSX Driver article ended in a complete brush off. :mad: After a few months, I started to take it personally which resulted in a personal boycott of anything the guy endorses. Well, except the NSX itself. ;)

Wow talk about a thread coming back from the dead, the last post was
12-19-2001, 22:09 :D

prova4re said:
Wow talk about a thread coming back from the dead, the last post was
12-19-2001, 22:09 :D
I guess every once in a while someone needs to vent (is that the right word?) that there ought to be a CTSC equivalent at half the price.

Talked to Jackson racing back in 1996. Said they weren't interested since the rotation was backwards for a SC and the market was too small (They passed on doing a one off). The Basch Boost layout is what they probably would have arrived at anyway.

Regards,

I'm not buying the "market isn't big enough" theory either. You figure COMPTECH makes a SC and hasn't discontinued it for this reason. COMPTECH must have pushed the "I believe button" and put this into production. Basically if COMPTECH is making a SC why can't others do it as well :confused:

I am anxious to see what comes from the swapping of the 1.7L whipple SC to the 2.3L whipple SC. Should be sweet.

I do wish though that the CTSC for the NSX was more inline with their offerings for all the other hondas. ie. 5-6K.

jungd said:
I guess where the confusion arise is when
Adam was describing his everyday driver NSX and I believe he has a supercharger in it. By the way, he has a fabulous body kit and has quite a few carbon fibre pieces. Does anyone have a photo to post of his car?

FWIW, I recently spoke with Adam about his NSX. He basically never drives it anymore due to driving the race car. Said he gets tired of it and wants to drive something different on the street, like his Porsche.
The CF looking parts on his car aren't real either.

1TITENSX said:
I'm not buying the "market isn't big enough" theory either. You figure COMPTECH makes a SC and hasn't discontinued it for this reason. COMPTECH must have pushed the "I believe button" and put this into production. Basically if COMPTECH is making a SC why can't others do it as well :confused:
Do the math, how many NSXs are there in the world, 20,000+- a few. How many in-line 4, front engined, front wheel drive Hondas are there, 40,000,000+-. Which market would you try to address? I don't think we need to have Allen Greenspan speak up on this one, it is obvious 2,000 times more chances to sell into the in-line 4 market. Plus the entry price to get a 'ricer' car is within the means of any kid working at McDonalds.

Comptech took a risk early on, spent the time, with lots of backing from Honda USA in their racing development, to create a supercharger kit. When we were at Comptech last year a NSXPO there were a hand full of kits on the shelf (2 or 3), so my guess is they are not turning too many kits out. A local friend had to wait over 4 weeks to get her's because they were waiting for parts. Low stock and long lead times indicate smaller total quantity, my guess is less than 100 a year. I don't think there are many economies of scale at the volume anyone does in FI applications for the NSX. My guess is one would need to produce batches of 100 at a time to bring the price down an appreciable amount, and be able to sell them in less than 3 months to turn the stock 4 times a year to have a viable business model. Then repeat that the next year, and the next...

I wish I was wrong about this, maybe I am and one of you will prove me wrong by making the low dollar/high quality kit people keep dreaming about. Till then, we are lucky to be getting the support we have and the great offering that are out there for our limited production cars. All of us spent a little more to own an NSX, it does not seem unreasonable to have to spend more when it is time to upgrade too.

92NSX said:
Do you really think there are that many??? I was thinking about 1/2 that number, or less.

Ever made, yah close to that. Don't know how many remain, I can count one down on my part :( .

*fingers crossed* Jackson Racing engineers one for the NSX by the time I decide to get an NA1! :)
Adversely, I have one installed on my 1997 prelude. JRSC @ 9psi. Much fun! :D

Last edited:
xxx said:
*fingers crossed* Jackson Racing engineers one for the NSX by the time I decide to get an NA1! :)
Adversely, I have one installed on my 1997 prelude. JRSC @ 9psi. Much fun! :D

You have got to be kidding me. This thread is as old as the hills. Why was this ever brought back to life??

READ: JACKSON RACING WILL NEVER BUILD A SUPERCHARGER FOR THE NSX!!!

Juice said:
You have got to be kidding me. This thread is as old as the hills. Why was this ever brought back to life??

READ: JACKSON RACING WILL NEVER BUILD A SUPERCHARGER FOR THE NSX!!!

Easy champ. I didnt bring this thread back to life. 1TITENSX did in post #11. :rolleyes:

Back