• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A very heartfelt thank you

My wife and I attended our first NSXPO last week and we had a blast. This group of people are incredible. Everyone is so nice and welcoming.

Unfortunately, as many of you know I put my car into the tire wall at turn one during one of the HPDE sessions. What happened the rest of the weekend is why I’m writing this. What could have been some very miserable days were made so much easier by the warmth and friendship of everyone. The list of people I need to thank is by no means complete but let me try

The staff at Road America was very professional, friendly, and helpful getting us off the track and stored safely away.

John gave us a ride to the car and looked it over and gave us ideas on how bad the damage was and what could be done. Having such knowledgeable people to talk with was and continues to be so helpful.

Brian and Jessica missed one of their sessions so they could drive us to Sheboygan to pick up a rental car so we had a way to get done around and still enjoy the rest of the event.

Many, many people looked at the car, told me who I should talk to, what needed to happened, etc. Instead of being overwhelmed with “what do I do now”, everyone I met helped out in some way. Several people have been through this before and shared their experiences and tips and how to get things fixed in the best way and by whom.

Joe checked the car over and calmed me with his expert opinion that “it’s not that bad”. It’s very comforting to know not only who to send it to, but that the people fixing it have already earned the trust of so many people in the group. Just knowing this removes so much of the stress that I would have had.

And finally, to Tim and Liz who are just amazing people and went way out of their way to give Laurie and I along with our broken car a ride all the way home. I think I spent most of the trip picking Tim’s brain on the correct way to drive and make sure this never happens again.

It is truly hard to put into words how much love and affection we have to all the wonderful people of the club that helped us out. We’re already talking about attending next year and hopefully by the time the snow melts here we’ll have the car fixed and back on the road.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Bob and Laurie

That is just one of the reasons xpo should be on the to do list.The track crowd is especially selfless when it comes to helping each other.

This is one of the reasons, I'll never sell the car!!! Joe, Larry and John (not Moe, Larry and Curly), are 3 of the most knowledgeable people in regards to the NSX, you will ever meet!!! Liz and Tim are fantastic examples of the kind of people in the NSX family. They no longer own a NSX, but know that they are expected to return to the family reunions!!! 2 nicer people, you cannot find!! Glad that you're OK, the car can, and will be fixed!!!

Bob and Laurie you said it all. Marvelous group of caring friends.
You handled this well. Kudos.
BEST for repairs and restorations.

:smile:

'Hated to see that happen, and all the best with the "recovery". My wife and I both were heartbroken to see the car come in on the flatbed. I'm glad the car was the only thing hurt and that you and your wife were able to enjoy the rest of the event. I've said it before but with the NSX you may come for the car, but you stay for the community.

All the best and 'hope to see you again at future xpos!

That is just one of the reasons xpo should be on the to do list.The track crowd is especially selfless when it comes to helping each other.

This is the truth... of both Type-R and NSX communities... There is no shortage of folks willing to lend a helping hand. This is why i say, "come for the cars, stay for the people."

Rob! I was hoping it wasn't true when someone mentioned a yellow nsx crashing at the event. Glad the nsx community was there for you, I love the community always helping each other out. Best of luck on the repairs, what parts do you need? There's someone selling fenders and quarter panels on FB, Facebook group has a good amount of parts for sale. Let me know if you need a hand finding parts

Bob & Laurie, as sad as it is to 'ouch' such a fantastic car.....it could not have happened at a better event, among fast friends.
I look forward to hearing your tales of NSXPO 2017 once the car is back in tip-top shape next Spring!

Cheers,
Brian (& Judi)

Back