• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aapl stock

Anyone buying aaple stock at this price? Or you think it will go lower?

If you look at the last 5-6 years(with the exception of 2008) aapl tends to trend upwards during the 2nd half of each year. That said they seem to be in a downward trend for the last month. I am tempted to buy too but think it might go lower. I will probably wait until it looks like it is bottoming out and maybe starting to move upwards before I buy.

Risk versus reward is not favorable at >$550. The market in general is over valued. Europe is breaking as we speak and we've done nothing to deal with our structural problems. I'd let the market experience some pain before initiating any large positions. As long as AAPL continues to make these levels of profits, the stock is going to go up given its current valuation (reasonable if you think its previous increase in growth will remain).

Here is a startling statistic for you - AAPL's paltry dividend is 2nd only to XOM (one of the most famous dividend paying stocks in history) in total outlays to shareholders via dividend in dollar amounts. It's barely less than XOM to boot.

Risk versus reward is not favorable at >$550. The market in general is over valued. Europe is breaking as we speak and we've done nothing to deal with our structural problems. I'd let the market experience some pain before initiating any large positions. As long as AAPL continues to make these levels of profits, the stock is going to go up given its current valuation (reasonable if you think its previous increase in growth will remain).

Here is a startling statistic for you - AAPL's paltry dividend is 2nd only to XOM (one of the most famous dividend paying stocks in history) in total outlays to shareholders via dividend in dollar amounts. It's barely less than XOM to boot.

Sahtt, I value your opinion, so I was wondering if you can advise at what price you think MS is a buy?

I've got limits at $12.5, just curious if you think this is a risk.

One company is supporting my portfolio right now, stock GV.

I bought in huge (for me) at 0.26 in the fall through winter, as the book value was 0.57 at the time. Just sold my position recently.

Last edited:
On MS, check their credit default swaps. They are priced as if there is a 40% chance ms will go bust within 10 years. This is not advice or recommendation. You can google it for yourself.

Sahtt, I value your opinion, so I was wondering if you can advise at what price you think MS is a buy?

I've got limits at $12.5, just curious if you think this is a risk.

One company is supporting my portfolio right now, stock GV.

I bought in huge (for me) at 0.26 in the fall through winter, as the book value was 0.57 at the time. Just sold my position recently.

Hi bambbrose,

I do not have a specific opinion on Morgan Stanley. My overall view on financials is still negative. For a trade, there is a decent probably the stock bounces off the $12 level. The 2yr chart is awful though. Ignoring the fundamentals, what would your goal be? Stop at $8 and limit sell at $24? Unless something changes, I wouldn't expect much of a move above $20. This puts the risk vs reward in the unfavorable category. Now if you think there are fundamentals in play that change the probabilities (my guess is they'd be even more negative), that's a different story.

Good trade with GV; especially if you knew the recent bump was coming. I typically do not mess with low dollar stocks. I do have a medium sized position in a small 200-300 million market cap drilling company but it's purely speculative. I am half way through an interdisciplinary graduate degree in geosciences/petroleum engineering and think I have an edge on what this particular driller is up to and how to value their assets. That being said, the mere fact I think I have an edge makes me weary.

Hi bambbrose,

I do not have a specific opinion on Morgan Stanley. My overall view on financials is still negative. For a trade, there is a decent probably the stock bounces off the $12 level. The 2yr chart is awful though. Ignoring the fundamentals, what would your goal be? Stop at $8 and limit sell at $24? Unless something changes, I wouldn't expect much of a move above $20. This puts the risk vs reward in the unfavorable category. Now if you think there are fundamentals in play that change the probabilities (my guess is they'd be even more negative), that's a different story.

Good trade with GV; especially if you knew the recent bump was coming. I typically do not mess with low dollar stocks. I do have a medium sized position in a small 200-300 million market cap drilling company but it's purely speculative. I am half way through an interdisciplinary graduate degree in geosciences/petroleum engineering and think I have an edge on what this particular driller is up to and how to value their assets. That being said, the mere fact I think I have an edge makes me weary.

Thanks for the opinion! I was planning MS in at ~$12, out at $9 and $19, and hoping to have a pattern similar to last years.

I found GV looking at hurricane stocks last year, and then did my homework and found out they had a large backlog of work and a good valuation. At that point I bought in. I did not know that they were about to secure a huge contract with the state of Texas, that was luck! Volume was so low back when I bought in that it took a couple days to fill the order.

Just a question for you guys, do you think that there are programs out there running through forums and picking up keywords and pricing, to gauge the public opinion on stocks?

For example, do you think there is a program out there that is going to read this post, and get an idea of the price I would pay for MS, and combine that data with thousands of other sources of public information to form an opinion?

Back