• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS upgrade advice which harness/unit to purchase?

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my ABS unit in my 1991. I'm looking at RFY, KSP and T3TEC wiring harness but I'm unsure on which one to
purchase. Also which module to purchase 2000+ NSX or S2000? Would the harness work with a S2000?

Let me know what you guys think. Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Imran

2000+ NSX modulators will not be available until February 2023; given that they aren't reserved already by a few stores such as us or our partners. During the meanwhile it is probably better to go with the S2000 upgrade since the TCS is technically old already and not necessarily needed in some ways.

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my ABS unit in my 1991. I'm looking at RFY, KSP and T3TEC wiring harness but I'm unsure on which one to
purchase. Also which module to purchase 2000+ NSX or S2000? Would the harness work with a S2000?

Let me know what you guys think. Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Imran
I would go with the harness that is crimped, not soldered. I believe both KSP and T3TEC are crimped. The AP1 S2000 modulator is nearly as capable as the NSX version. @Big McLargeHuge did some wet skidpad testing with his AP1 setup and it performed well. You will have to re-pin a couple pins on the plug to get the harness to work.

Can confirm AP1 ABS module works great! It was $40 off eBay. It would only take about 30 mins to swap over to the NA2 module after the AP1 goes in since it's a bolt-on swap and one pin different for the dash warning light on the ABS connector.

I used the RFY NA2 harness as the cheapest pre-made one available and modded it myself, I'm sure the T3TEC will be even better. RFY is all crimped with some bullet connectors between the included relay and additional connectors to split the interior/exterior halves. I got the ABS swap kit from MITA which was a great help for my RHD car.

Is there a thread that clearly explains the ap1 conversion? I found one but it seemed meandering and I was hoping for more of a wiki diy guide. I may not be searching the new site properly…

Does anyone know of a supplier that sells just the harness adapter other than SOS? There use to be several suppliers out there, I dont see any right now. Certainly not inclined to spend $600 at SOS!

Shameless plug.

We moved on from using the RFY harness and now working with T3Tec to providing the best ABS harness available for the ABS upgrade.

With this kit, you won't need to worry about anything. Though it won't be available until February 2023.
... How do I place my order for the ones coming in February 2023 please... thanks.

I wrote up my experiences with the AP1 conversion in my Build thread, it's not really a walkthrough but has pictures of relevant steps and a bunch of links to other's writeups that you can piece together enough info from.

I wrote up my experiences with the AP1 conversion in my Build thread, it's not really a walkthrough but has pictures of relevant steps and a bunch of links to other's writeups that you can piece together enough info from.
Thanks for your input appreciate it!

Back