• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AC passenger side fan not working.

The driver side AC condenser fan runs fine but the passenger side fan never comes on, is this normal? I tried putting power and ground to it and it still didn't come on but that may have been an error on my part. So should this fan be running when the driver side fan is or what should trigger it to come on?

Both of mine have failed. They are about $200 a piece, but they are a pain to replace according to the service manual, unless someone here on Prime has a shortcut. Untill I replace mine. I turn the a/c compressor off when I come to a stop.

John

The motor brushes are spent. They are cheap to fix if you know of someone in the electrical motor rebuilding business. The replacement task is of moderate level and took me three hours to complete. Afterward, I should have replaced both right and left motors. The $200 cost is about right (incl tax) for each motor.

The motor brushes are spent. They are cheap to fix if you know of someone in the electrical motor rebuilding business. The replacement task is of moderate level and took me three hours to complete. Afterward, I should have replaced both right and left motors. The $200 cost is about right (incl tax) for each motor.

Are the motor and fan assembly all one part # or is there more than i one part that i should replace while i am in there?

Both run off the same relay so they both should be running at the same time.

Brian,

Just for future reference, do you repair these as well?

Doug

Just replace the motor and reuse the fan. I don't have the part number for the motor but check the online manual or call your local Acura parts dealer. Try buying from one of the dealerships talked about on this forum. Discounts are significant and some ship for free

Just replace the motor and reuse the fan. I don't have the part number for the motor but check the online manual or call your local Acura parts dealer. Try buying from one of the dealerships talked about on this forum. Discounts are significant and some ship for free

Yeah i always use Tim at Ray Laks, he is a great parts guy and a big help. I usually like to call him with the part number ready and i was having trouble finding the part number from the diagram in the manual. I'm sure i will have it figured out before i give him a call tomorrow.

I did my passenger side one a number of years ago and although the shop manual suggests removing the front bumper, I was able to swap in a new one without doing so. I might not have succeeded without another Prime member (can't remember his name) saying that it could be done. Definitely a test of fortitude trying to find all the bolts/nuts as I recall... but I really didn't want to tackle the front bumper.

I did my passenger side one a number of years ago and although the shop manual suggests removing the front bumper, I was able to swap in a new one without doing so. I might not have succeeded without another Prime member (can't remember his name) saying that it could be done. Definitely a test of fortitude trying to find all the bolts/nuts as I recall... but I really didn't want to tackle the front bumper.

I was planning on replacing my emblem and front weather stripping anyway so i'll probably just remove the front to make it easier.

Back