• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Active members or club in Calgary?

Hey all.

First off - yes I searched but most of the activity seemed old(08, 09 dates).

So I finally bought an NSX. (2001 Spa Yellow Pearl). It should be here in a few weeks from Chicago.

Are there any active Calgary NSXer's? Local club? Or anyone that just wants to get out for a drive from time to time?

I'd be up for it! I might even be up for a convoy to NSXPO 2012 in Colorado.

Any takers?

Good question.... we tried to set something up back in 2008, helped with setting Wes Fest, which was well attended...but soon after interest in the NSXCC died. I guess the Guys in Calgary/Edmonton, like to fly by the seat of their pants, rather than be part of an Organised Club.

For a chapter to be successful you need to have someone in the area that is committed to running it and setting up meets etc.

Bram

Hey all. .

So I finally bought an NSX. (2001 Spa Yellow Pearl). It should be here in a few weeks from Chicago.

Are there any active Calgary NSXer's? Local club? Or anyone that just wants to get out for a drive from time to time?

I'd be up for it! I might even be up for a convoy to NSXPO 2012 in Colorado.

Any takers?
Yes I am in. Dont have a nsx yet but will gladly come down to Calgary to check out your car.Would love to talk to some locals etc.

I'm in Calgary, but personally never had any great interest in being part of a 'club'. Will certainly look to get out and about the odd time to catch up with anyone interested in just shooting the shit about their ride(s).

Tim

In my short time of NSX ownership I have met several local owners both in a group and 1:1 setting. All are great folks- most seem to prefer something more casual (cars & coffee or similar) as opposed to a club with a charter, membership, secret handshake, etc.

I used to think this was due to our laid-back western attitude :wink: but I am pretty sure it's just because there aren't enough NSX owners to make large group functions possible. It's great to see the Ontarians with the track days, est fest, BBQs, technical sessions and what-have-you, but the NSXCC just hasn't taken hold here in Calgary.

Bram wisely suggests that a local chapter could be possible if there is someone "committed to running it and setting up meets..." but personally I'd be a little apprehensive to put in my time & effort to have little or no attendance. Perhaps some of the NSXCC could lend advice & lessons learned from the early days of NSXCC formation?

That said, I've got my NSXCC membership and am grateful for the "larger" aspects of what they do for me as a Canadian NSX owner, but being located outside of Ontario I see much less benefit from the membership than they do, and I believe they recognise that. In Calgary there is an "exotic car" scene, which I enjoyed globbing onto last year, even though a few folks in that crowd seem to look down on the NSX because it's "just a Honda".

To stay on topic and answer the OP's question:
No there is no official club in Calgary, but there are some nice folks who get together now and then. I've recently sent you a note with information. Perhaps I'll see you and your Yellow Beauty at a gathering soon.

Take care!
Fuji

Back