• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Integra Type S

wonder how long the run will be for these, my first car was 88 Integra loved that may get one just for nostalgia

I bought one and took delivery on Thursday. Is it an old ‘teggy? No. However, it’s been an awesome car nevertheless.

The hype about the driving experience is accurate. Shifter is amazing, better than my already good NSX shifter, not quite as good as the S2000, which I consider the pinnacle of manual shifting.

Car looks amazing, in fact better in person than in pictures. It has back seats that fit adults, my 5’11” son can sit behind me, and the hatch is capacious. I can hardly wait to put the 600 mile break-in behind me. I paid a small ADM, much of which went to accessories I would have purchased anyway. I have the CF rear spoiler, illuminated emblem (I’m +/- about it), and the illuminated door sills. First mod to be rear air vents/USB ports, which are the same as available for the Civic.

Yes, I really took delivery with only two miles on the odo.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 32
I bought one and took delivery on Thursday. Is it an old ‘teggy? No. However, it’s been an awesome car nevertheless.

The hype about the driving experience is accurate. Shifter is amazing, better than my already good NSX shifter, not quite as good as the S2000, which I consider the pinnacle of manual shifting.

Car looks amazing, in fact better in person than in pictures. It has back seats that fit adults, my 5’11” son can sit behind me, and the hatch is capacious. I can hardly wait to put the 600 mile break-in behind me. I paid a small ADM, much of which went to accessories I would have purchased anyway. I have the CF rear spoiler, illuminated emblem (I’m +/- about it), and the illuminated door sills. First mod to be rear air vents/USB ports, which are the same as available for the Civic.

Yes, I really took delivery with only two miles on the odo.
Awesome purchase as the integra in 1987 was my first car yes I'm aging myself contemplating getting one as well for nostalgia but I think wifey will not be happy right now .. look forward to hearing all about it abd truiy enjoy it

I’ve been debating this or the Civic Type R, the R seems to have have a bigger ADM.
FL5 definitely has a bigger ADM than the DE5. The DE5 seems a better deal when ADM is taken into account. I suspect Acura will build as many as people order, too.

There are 32 Integra Type S on dealer lots within a 50-mile radius of me...

So tempting... @neuronbob, how are you enjoying yours?

Back