• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Long Beach Grand Prix

The Acura Grand Prix in Long Beach had a lot of NSX people show up. I had a chance to park at the Acura Corral next to a number of NSXs including a few Type S NSXs. One fellow drove non stop from Portland, OR to participate. I took a few pics. The corral had about 50 cars. I only took a pick of one side as shown. My car is next to a Type S NSX. I am hoping to get a hot lap on Sunday if my luck holds out.

Attachments

• GrandPrix1.jpg
    GrandPrix1.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 220
  • GrandPrix2.jpg
    GrandPrix2.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 212
  • GrandPrix3.jpg
    GrandPrix3.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 215
  • grandprix4.jpg
    grandprix4.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
awesome pics looks like good weather.....have fun....hope you get that ride..

The first and only time I went to the LBGP I got the worst headache off my life from the alcohol exhaust.

The fumes just did me a #.

Marc Deutsch from Honda/Acura came through and we both enjoyed a hot lap today (Sunday) That was an absolute blast. All the cars were normal NC1s. My driver obviously knew the road course. I was blown away how fast our cars are when piloted by a pro. That was the most fun I can recall having.

The guy from Portland just recently purchased a low mileage 94 NSX. I must apologize as I forgot his name.

Marc Deutsch from Honda/Acura came through and we both enjoyed a hot lap today (Sunday) That was an absolute blast. All the cars were normal NC1s. My driver obviously knew the road course. I was blown away how fast our cars are when piloted by a pro. That was the most fun I can recall having.

Sounds amazing! Marc is a solid guy.

Sounds amazing! Marc is a solid guy.

I agree. Acura/Honda tries to do everything they can to make as many people happy as possible. There is always going to be a few who just hate what they have done or are doing. I had hoped to ride in the Type S, but unfortunately there aren't enough of them around. It speaks well for our cars to be flung on the track over and over again. There was a mix of ceramic brake cars and iron rotors. Most I think were 2019s or there abouts.

did your pilot let the computer do the shifting or did he use paddles?

.and how did that type s owner get in and out of his car so close to that covered car?

I agree. Acura/Honda tries to do everything they can to make as many people happy as possible. There is always going to be a few who just hate what they have done or are doing. I had hoped to ride in the Type S, but unfortunately there aren't enough of them around. It speaks well for our cars to be flung on the track over and over again. There was a mix of ceramic brake cars and iron rotors. Most I think were 2019s or there abouts.

I prefer shifting myself, it cracks off shifts so fast. Crazy quick car.

Of course, I managed to get a rock this morning on my ride into work. Thankfully I did the PPF and it's supposed to self heal. Worst case, they will fix it up when they do the diffuser.

did your pilot let the computer do the shifting or did he use paddles?

.and how did that type s owner get in and out of his car so close to that covered car?

I was so fixated on the track ahead that I did not look over at the driver. After we finished I asked him if he left it in drive. He laughed and said no. He used the paddle shifters as it gave him the control that he wanted on this track. Given the turns I can really appreciate what he was doing with this car. I have a new appreciation for what our cars are capable of doing on the track.

As for the how the driver got out of the Type S NSX, probably very carefully.

thats why the track events at nsxpo are so great..I think the most impact is from the never evers...they learn alot in just 2 days..

Back