• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX's Maintenance / Upgrades & Factory Services by SCW PERFORMANCE Dallas TX!

Acura NSX's Maintenance / Upgrades & Factory Services by SCW PERFORMANCE Dallas TX!

Hello Prime,

This thread will serve as a photo documentary of many of the NSX's that we service & modify here at our shop SCW Performance in Dallas Texas!

SCW Performance
www.s2carbonworks.com

If you own an NSX and live in Texas or the surrounding area, don't hesitate to call us for a question, or bring your car in for service/maintenance, or parts & accessories. Our main technician is OEM Honda Trained & Certified, and there is no job too big or too small. We're always happy to help out a fellow NSX enthusiast, for both OEM & aftermarket services.

On to the work!

A client from down south Austin brought us his NSX for some upgrades, and factory maintenance. 1995 NSX-T (50K Miles)

DSC_0440_zps5g24malk.jpg

In for some brake upgrades, test pipes, coolant leak fix, valve adjustment, etc.

DSC_0435_zpsjayqxczu.jpg

Manifold, Tb, coolant pipes all removed to find some worn out seals (likely due to age, not mileage, and common for older NSX's)

DSC_0439_zps0cyulqxa.jpg

DSC_0442_zpsxu16qqel.jpg

Broken O-ring = big water leak!

DSC_0444_zpseexx4btf.jpg

DSC_0445_zps4lahp9jk.jpg

While you're in there, might as well get these buggers done, the'll be next to leak, and quite a PITA. By this age, these rings are shrinking and will be leaking soon...

DSC_0441_zpsv0clwwft.jpg

DSC_0443_zpsrfiqvz5j.jpg

Thermostat case, someone's had this apart at some point, using inferior auto zone parts & universal RTV silicone to seal it up. Definitely not recommended, a leak waiting to happen.

DSC_0438_zpsqs3qzt4n.jpg

DSC_0437_zpsy4dmmtp6.jpg

Here you can see there is buildup of the epoxy from the cam sensors, common for this on older NSX's to leak on the block, but not on the T-belt. This can lead to timing belt failure, as well, the age of the belt itself.
Definitely recommend replacing the belt every 7 years, or 100K miles. The engine repair is far more costly if it decides to break.

Thats it for today.

Excellent work man. Nice documentation as well. But PLEASE buy a parts bench! Yikes!! Hahah. Keep up the good work though!

The cover is thick leather. Light parts & tools on it don't hurt or harm the vehicle in any way. Heavy parts go on the bench, and yes, we have several benches. Keeps small parts from getting lost.

The cover is thick leather. Light parts & tools on it don't hurt or harm the vehicle in any way. Heavy parts go on the bench, and yes, we have several benches. Keeps small parts from getting lost.
Understood. Just messin with you a lil bit. How has your intercooler ctsc been treating you?

I can vouch for Jeremy and the guys at SCW. They do great work for a very fair price! Jeremy and company did an awesome job replacing the clutch on my NSX and even were able to machine my dual mass flywheel, saving me major bucks. They also help care for my beloved daily driver ('97 Prelude) and I'll be having them replace that clutch and some leaky seals soon. Props to the team at SCW Performance :)

I vouch for SCW Performance guys as well. Jeremy replaced my clutch and purchased my new set of tires including install. Great guys to deal with him! Keep it up pimps!

I can vouch for Jeremy and the guys at SCW. They do great work for a very fair price! Jeremy and company did an awesome job replacing the clutch on my NSX and even were able to machine my dual mass flywheel, saving me major bucks. They also help care for my beloved daily driver ('97 Prelude) and I'll be having them replace that clutch and some leaky seals soon. Props to the team at SCW Performance :)

Thank you sir for the kind words! Post some photos of that clutch job if you have them, I think I've deleted those pics from what I had at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Understood. Just messin with you a lil bit. How has your intercooler ctsc been treating you?

Its been good since I got that big service finished on my 00' a couple months ago. Full engine out, refresh, timing belt, valve adjust, baffled oil pan, SOS clutch & supercharger. Lots of work, but well worth it. Later this month I get my retune with AEM Infinity (upgrading from V2). I probably put about 100+ hours into this service, plus a full concours level detailing of the engine block, trans case, subframe, and engine bay to remove the 15 years of dirt and filth.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
I too can Vouch for Jeremy's Work @ SCW PERFORMANCE! QUALITY!!!

Glad to have our na1 in good hands. thanks for being patient with my dad too Jeremy!

slightly bummed we can't get the RDX tune done, but also glad its an OBD2 car. looking forward to picking it up!

Back