• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura sets May sales record

Acura sets May sales record

TORRANCE, Calif., June 1, 2005 – Record May sales of 18,685 vehicles gave Acura its third best sales month ever and surpassed the previous May record set in 2004 by 9.1 percent based on daily selling rate, the division announced today. It is the 19th consecutive record setting month for Acura. Year-to-date Acura sales rose to 86,201 up 8.7 percent compared to 2004.

The TL performance luxury sedan was the top-selling model, with sales of 7,032 units, up 6.1 percent over last year and leading Acura to its fourth best total car sales month ever. Year-to-date TL sales reached 32,142 units. Demand for the all-new RL luxury performance sedan continued to grow with sales of 1,404, up 225.7 percent compared to 2004. Year-to-date RL sales of 6,867 surpassed last year’s total by 191.8 percent. TSX sales of 3,367 units were up 1.7 percent compared to 2004.

“The sedan is making a comeback, and that’s reflected in the continued strong sales of the TL, RL and TSX,” said Dick Colliver, executive vice president, sales. “We’ve set sales records every month this year and in an unpredictable economic environment, that’s a testament to the strength and depth of our product line.”

How is the Entry-Level RSX selling? I think the RSX should atleast be sold more than the TSX.

hondanews.com

ADNOH said:
How is the Entry-Level RSX selling? I think the RSX should atleast be sold more than the TSX.
Although the May numbers have not been posted yet (you should be able to view them here within the next few days), it looks like the TSX started outselling the RSX shortly after it was introduced.

I guess I was part of it, when I picked up my new 05' TL 2 weeks ago.. :)

Back