• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Warranty on Emission Parts?

The check engine light came on in my '95 T. I also noticed a difference in the driveability of the car. Took it to a reputable local Acura/Honda shop (not a dealer) for inspection, and was told that there were issues with the spark plugs.

I was also informed by the shop that Acura has an extended warranty on emission parts for '95 models. The shop suggested that I went to an Acura dealership and asked for the warranty.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this a known problem for '95 models?

thanks for sharing your experience...

The extended warranty the shop was referring to regards the oxygen sensors (there are 4 total) that Honda had to fix after an EPA? investigation into exhaust emissions. It pretty much replaces anything from headers to exhaust on '95 models, and includes a full tune up at 75,000 (or maybe 90,000) miles. There is a technical service bulletin on this in the FAQ. I have had two O2 sensors replaced, and one header due to stripped threads from the first sensor, all at no charge. Both sensors caused my check engine light (and the TCS light occasionally) to come on, but I did not have any noticeable performance degredation. The computer defaults to a "standard" ignition and valve pattern when the check engine light is on, so it is possible you might notice performance changes at high RPM's, but that is just my opinion, not fact. Definately have your Acura dealer check the code(s) and see if it falls under this TSB.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Also keep in mind that even if it doesn't fall under that, Acura dealers will sometimes goodwill a repair after the warranty expires - particularly on an NSX, and particularly if it is something known to go bad. Not always, but sometimes.

Acura of Portland here told me that Acura warranties all NSX's that are newer than '95 for 10 years or 100,000 miles on ALL exhaust peices.

Back