• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan Model 5 Cage Match: Synth19 vs. MikeC_587

Who is worthy to be the DON's #2?

• MikeC_587 (Silver NSX with 18/19 Model 5's)

Votes: 52 65.8%
  • Synth19 (Imola Orange NSX with 17/18 Model 5's)

Votes: 27 34.2%

• Total voters
I think in this match - I really like the silver car more (not because he's a local) but the 17/18 seems to fit better.

On a side-note have you ever though of going black upper roof? Your GT mirrors are so sick the black roof might flow better?

I don't even have the mirrors and have been thinking of a black roof just to change things up.

I love these in 18/19... as it seems prime does too!! 70% / 30% split

I think in this match - I really like the silver car more (not because he's a local) but the 17/18 seems to fit better.

On a side-note have you ever though of going black upper roof? Your GT mirrors are so sick the black roof might flow better?

I don't even have the mirrors and have been thinking of a black roof just to change things up.

Nah, I dont think the roof needs to be black to "match" the mirrors. I think it matches great with the other black and CF accents. Going with a black roof is.... well... too predictable. :biggrin:

Nah, I dont think the roof needs to be black to "match" the mirrors. I think it matches great with the other black and CF accents. Going with a black roof is.... well... too predictable. :biggrin:

You'll cave eventually my friend :biggrin:

The DON is here... :biggrin:

25.jpg

And his presence is felt! LOL

big_bowdown.gif

I vote for Synth19 with the 17/18 setup

Surely one of THE nicest NSX anywhere!!

regards, Paul

You'll cave eventually my friend :biggrin:

lol! I doubt it, but now it's about being stubborn! :tongue: The black roof were originally meant on the early coupes and the NSX-R, correct? With my car being a targa, I frankly think the car will look weird with black pillars and the targa top removed. I think this is the reason why Honda started to color match the roof/pillars once the targa was released. Someone correct me if I'm wrong with my theory/assumption.

Secondly, I think some of ya'll are too convincved that dark side mirrors need a black roof. This is what I call the NSX-R Bias. I think the CF mirrors can be pulled off with other accent pieces. So I'm sticking with keeping the mirrors unpainted and CF. It looks fantastic IMHO.

+1 !

lol! I doubt it, but now it's about being stubborn! :tongue: The black roof were originally meant on the early coupes and the nsx-r, correct? With my car being a targa, i frankly think the car will look weird with black pillars and the targa top removed. I think this is the reason why honda started to color match the roof/pillars once the targa was released. Someone correct me if i'm wrong with my theory/assumption.

Secondly, i think some of ya'll are too convincved that dark side mirrors need a black roof. This is what i call the nsx-r bias. I think the cf mirrors can be pulled off with other accent pieces. So i'm sticking with keeping the mirrors unpainted and cf. It looks fantastic imho.

I agree, but something about the black roof targa or non targa. I think your car looks amazing don't get me wrong. And the fact that you haven't done the black roof make it stand apart a bit as well.

But IMO the NSX looks like a fighter jet and with the roof being black it just lets the glass all blend in that much better.

2 different styles, both look awesome :cool:

lol! I doubt it, but now it's about being stubborn! :tongue: The black roof were originally meant on the early coupes and the NSX-R, correct? With my car being a targa, I frankly think the car will look weird with black pillars and the targa top removed. I think this is the reason why Honda started to color match the roof/pillars once the targa was released. Someone correct me if I'm wrong with my theory/assumption.

Secondly, I think some of ya'll are too convincved that dark side mirrors need a black roof. This is what I call the NSX-R Bias. I think the CF mirrors can be pulled off with other accent pieces. So I'm sticking with keeping the mirrors unpainted and CF. It looks fantastic IMHO.

911 Styling is very much different from the NSX but I like the fact that you're fighting til the end!! hahaha :biggrin:

just sayinnnnnnnnn :biggrin:

7S785642-8sm.jpg

7S785642-9sm.jpg

Roof though is CF, but you would never know from this angle.....

Back