• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.
I had an opportunity to visit Advance garage in Japan! They've been making aftermarket parts for the NSX for decades. They're very popular for the customization and quality of their parts. Please enjoy the video and photos!

333897332_1177348189813036_969083810353440038_n.jpg
334108272_1683055975442374_3627777691196031184_n.jpg
333331908_717257223230553_7013333650689565268_n.jpg

333109368_572400441608579_1659881140500638397_n.jpg

Info from the Advance-JP website
"Advance opened in April 1991, in Yokohama, Japan. At first, it was a type of shop that was different from the conventional stance of a tuning shop, such as selling popular goods from the car magazine "OPTION", which was very popular at the time.

In addition, both staff and customers were quick to actively participate in "Circuit Driving Events," which began a trend, and eventually, became an annual send-off party for the company.

The "Advance Driving Event", which was first held at Fuji Speedway in June 1993, has been a specialty event of the shop for over 20 years.
This event is not just a specialty of the store, but it has great significance for developing new products and collecting data for research and development!

In other words, tuning parts are car parts, so we can't recommend them with confidence unless they are actually installed in the car and checked under some kind of extreme conditions, not just on paper.

This kind of work is not left to the professional driver, but by having the staff run it, we are able to perform checks closer to the user's point of view, so we can give a more realistic answer to the customer's questions.

At our shop, we would like to continue to support our customers' car play with such a stance."

333213933_146214978315119_7907957327337434652_n.jpg

Advance is no good these days. They will sell you on parts you don't need for your car and say it's necessary when it's absolutely not. They are more focused on other cars than the NSX now. It's no longer the recommended place for local NSX owners.

Advance is no good these days. They will sell you on parts you don't need for your car and say it's necessary when it's absolutely not. They are more focused on other cars than the NSX now. It's no longer the recommended place for local NSX owners.
Good intel. T3, Route KS or RFY seem to be the places to go these days. Haven't a lot of the famous NSX shops (Kakimoto, Esprit, KSP, etc.) moved on?

T3 is the best place to go. We have been working with them very closely these days developing new things and manufacturing parts together for their customers.

Route KS focuses on selling cars instead of being an "NSX tuner" shop. They are a dealer.

There are other places to go that only locals know.

T3 is the best place to go. We have been working with them very closely these days developing new things and manufacturing parts together for their customers.

Route KS focuses on selling cars instead of being an "NSX tuner" shop. They are a dealer.

Intersting- I thought Route KS also has a couple of in-house mechanics that really know the car. At least that's what they say lol.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the refresh plant. Even Kawai brings his own car to the refresh plant to get it serviced.

I follow T3 on IG, they seem pretty busy.

Intersting- I thought Route KS also has a couple of in-house mechanics that really know the car. At least that's what they say lol.

When are we organizing a NSX trip to Japan, I'm in

I’m actually in Japan close to T3 but feel like I’m getting the up charge so they don’t have to deal with foreigners (quoted ¥2M for a engine service when I just wanted to get my timing belt/water pump replaced).

I’d be happy to take any recommendations for local spots that can do some routine maintenance (timing belt, radiator hose replacement, etc)

I’m actually in Japan close to T3 but feel like I’m getting the up charge so they don’t have to deal with foreigners (quoted ¥2M for a engine service when I just wanted to get my timing belt/water pump replaced).

I’d be happy to take any recommendations for local spots that can do some routine maintenance (timing belt, radiator hose replacement, etc)
I'm assuming you live in Yokota for the air force base. That rate is normal at T3.

I'm assuming you live in Yokota for the air force base. That rate is normal at T3.
Correct, I’m at Yokota.

That’s what I figured for the pricing for an engine refresh from them. Wasn’t really looking for that, just a timing belt/water pump change but they didn’t really seem interested in doing it. Guess it’s good to be in such high demand.

Correct, I’m at Yokota.

That’s what I figured for the pricing for an engine refresh from them. Wasn’t really looking for that, just a timing belt/water pump change but they didn’t really seem interested in doing it. Guess it’s good to be in such high demand.
T3 will not service if it needs more attention. You can bring it to a Honda Cars dealership and have them do it. They will send a tech from Suzuka to do the inspection. Though if the tech says the same as what T3 says and you need to do an engine service, you will need to do it. It may also be due to shaken regulations to have it done.

T3 will not service if it needs more attention. You can bring it to a Honda Cars dealership and have them do it. They will send a tech from Suzuka to do the inspection. Though if the tech says the same as what T3 says and you need to do an engine service, you will need to do it. It may also be due to shaken regulations to have it done.
Thanks, never heard of the Honda Cars option. I’ll look into them as well.

Back