• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice Before Purchasing 2002 NSX

Trying to get some advice please, I am currently trying to purchase a 2002 Acura NSX with just over 25,000 miles. I am new to the form and hopefully new to being a Acura NSX owner a little information on the car it is a private seller in South Florida the car is a 2002 six speed red paint with camel interior. It has been garaged its entire life and it is in immaculate condition a 10 out of 10 interior and exterior
The owner of the car is in Japan until next week I don’t have any pictures or the Vin number until then but I will update once received.

my questions are, what is the value of this vehicle a ballpark figure will really help me tremendously. i’ve done some research but there is a small amount of similar cars for sale to compare. Also the prices are ranging from 90k-175k online. So I’m confused on what the value of the car is.

Second is are there any things to look out for upon further inspection before purchasing this model car?

any advice will help me very much this is a very large purchase for me and I want to make sure that I am making the right decision I want something that well last and some thing that will possibly appreciate in value in time so that I can pass it on to my children and they can enjoy it

( I apologize for the grammar I am driving and posted this with the help of Siri lol)

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
I was curious because it’s odd that this one is south Florida also and the private seller referenced by the op is in Japan and for whatever reason is unable to share photos of the car.

Thanks for the replies, I saw the car in person and checked it out. My friends boss is selling it he has a pretty large collection of cars. This car isn’t online for sale it’s a private owner who hasn’t listed it yet.

I’m assuming that eBay listing is just for a comp price point and not the actual car.

Thanks didn’t see this car listed, is this what people are asking or what it’s worth. Like I said before I’m not trying to come off as a jerk but I’m just uneducated and not up to date with what these cars are valued at. I’ll just say it like this, would I be safe buying this red ebay car for $115k and possibly have equity in it.

Thanks didn’t see this car listed, is this what people are asking or what it’s worth. Like I said before I’m not trying to come off as a jerk but I’m just uneducated and not up to date with what these cars are valued at. I’ll just say it like this, would I be safe buying this red ebay car for $115k and possibly have equity in it.

Look at bringatrailer results

You won’t get it for 115k

I am surprised that no one has pointed you in the direction of RacerXwing's First Gen Market Analysis document

NSX Valuation Document - Google Drive

Gen1 NSX Current Market Analysis (nsxprime.com)

There was a 2005 and 2003 just added in the last few days. You can see the price adjustments taking into consideration various factors (private sales usually have a lower transaction price). That should give you a better handle on pricing. There is a member on here who specializes in exotic car valuations if you are looking for some payed advice.

I'd say you can safely expect to pay between $125-140K, depending on a few things. I'm assuming the car is stock, but if it's not, those mods will either add or subtract value, depending on the mods, how well they were done, your tastes, and if the original parts are still included in the sale. If the seller is a collector of other exotic cars, he/she should have service records available for you to look at, at the very least during their ownership. Besides basic maintenance items, check to see if the timing belt/water pump has been changed recently. It's a $2,500+ job and should be completed every 6 years or 90K miles whichever comes first. If it's not up to date, or coming due very soon, consider that in the price.

In October I went down to Florida to buy an 03. I used this list as a helpful reference https://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/Used_NSX_Checklist.pdf

Also not sure where in Florida the car is located but I absolutely wanted to have a PPI done on the one I bought. Luckily the seller was great and agreed to have two places look over the car with me, his local Acura dealership, where the car was serviced religiously for 14 years, and an independent shop called ForeignTech where there are two NSX gurus Dwight and Donovan. Take your time, drive the car, make sure you get a good read on the seller, and resist the urge to buy that car just because you're standing in front of it and you traveled a long way. They are rare, but there are still a lot of great cars and sellers out there if you get any weird feeling about this one. I spent 8 years studying the car and the market, followed a ton of leads that came up short, and watched the prices almost double in that time, but in the end found a great car. I'm probably more cautious than most, so don't take my advice as gospel. Good luck, and hopefully it works out for you.

last 2 posts are all you need...just remember that private sales are a unique specific transaction between 2 people...

Back