• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice for prospective buyer

I was wondering if I could get some advice please. I'm contemplating buying a new 2019 NSX in Canada with carbon ceramic brakes. I spoke to the dealer and Acura is offering $15K Canadian discount and a lease rate of .99% through Honda finance. Being that we are halfway through 2020 and economy for super cars is rough, what type of discount is realistic at the dealer level. I will buy the car out after the lease expires in 36 months.
Thanks in advance. I'm a car enthusiast and this car exceeds my income level, but I am of the belief Honda is the one of the best engineered cars in the world. I hope I'm not getting in over my head with an expensive car to maintain.

post in the Canadian regional forum also

Thanks in advance. I'm a car enthusiast and this car exceeds my income level, but I am of the belief Honda is the one of the best engineered cars in the world. I hope I'm not getting in over my head with an expensive car to maintain.

Right there in bold is your answer. Even though I could afford the lease on my 2017 NSX, the monthly payment was more than my first home mortgage. I always swore I'd never own a car that cost more than that first house.

Right there in bold is your answer. Even though I could afford the lease on my 2017 NSX, the monthly payment was more than my first home mortgage. I always swore I'd never own a car that cost more than that first house.

Well I can afford this car. I just don't live in a home with 4 garages and a gated community. I have a vacation condo besides my primary home and lots of money tied up in real estate. That being said this car in my neighbourhood would stand out. I'm looking at 911 Carrera S, or Carrera 4S, but the Acura is my first choice for the right price. I would have a leap of faith that this car will be reliable like the s2000 and the original nsx. I understand why these don't sell, it's all about the badge. I understand like many of you that Honda are a special company. I just want to know what is fair to ask for as a dealer reduction on a 2019.

Gotcha. I probably don’t have any good advice to give you regarding discounts.

Well I can afford this car. I just don't live in a home with 4 garages and a gated community. I have a vacation condo besides my primary home and lots of money tied up in real estate. That being said this car in my neighbourhood would stand out. I'm looking at 911 Carrera S, or Carrera 4S, but the Acura is my first choice for the right price. I would have a leap of faith that this car will be reliable like the s2000 and the original nsx. I understand why these don't sell, it's all about the badge. I understand like many of you that Honda are a special company. I just want to know what is fair to ask for as a dealer reduction on a 2019.
While it remains to be seen as to whether the new NSX holds up as well as the first and second generation cars, my bet is that the new NSX will certainly be a better choice than any of the other exotic cars out there in this price range with respect to maintenance and upkeep. I certainly have not been disappointed and I owned a new 91 which I kept for 5 years and a new 2001 which I kept for 14 years. I am keeping this current car until I either am dead or no longer able to drive/admire the car. You should focus not so much on the price as much as what you want in the car from color to options. A year from now the price you paid won't be on top of the list. There are a couple of folks on this forum who demand that the car meet their price offering. They do not realize that they are not an Island and that they are not buying in isolation. The used market reflects what people are willing to pay and what sellers are willing to take. You should not purchase with the idea that you are going to make money in the next several years. Most all cars depreciate and the new NSXs are not unique in that respect. A 911 Carrera S or Carrera 4S is nothing special and will reflect that within a short time in my mind. Find the car you want and pay a fair price and enjoy the car.

Hey Bmad,
I'm in the same position as your original post. Were you able to negotiate any over and above the 15k incentive? There's not a lot of inventory to pick from in Canada. Congrats on the new purchase.

Hey DMacNSX,

I was able to get some off the car. The fact it was a 2019 didn’t help me too much with pricing, not what I had hoped. Honda discounted it by $15K and the best I felt I could do was 5%. I could stretch maybe to 6% off but I would have felt like an ass. In the end the owner of the dealer has more money than I do. He would have been just as happy to let it sit.
The finance rate is extraordinary. Also as others pointed it out to me think of the price of the car in USD. This will tell you if you got a good deal. I believe I did. If you want it negotiate the best deal you can and take it. You won’t be disappointed. This is a very very special car.
Good luck!

Thanks for the information, that would be awesome if I could get 5% off on a new 20. I figured 5k for sure, the lease rate is very attractive. I would wait until winter to purchase however the lack of inventory doesn't really help my cause by waiting.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Back