• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advise needed: Prepping 2003 for sale

I prepped my 2003 NSX for sale two years ago but couldn’t pull the trigger…
0B586F4C-6682-4567-85C7-FC7A0D14202A.jpeg
Now it’s time! I am detailing it for a photo shoot and will have it on BaT in the next few weeks.
It has 49,000 miles, I am the second owner (16 years) and it is unmodified except for added daytime running lights, window tint, cup holder and Harmon-Kardon audio input system that plugs in where the CD player would fit. The HK unit was designed for iPods but also has a 3.5mm input jack.
A7840498-8AF8-4728-9E04-6D7620F42AEA.jpeg
But I need your opinions: should I remove the Harmon-Kardon audio interface before the sale or leave it in case the buyers want to use the input jack?
The interior control unit was mounted on a separate panel so the dash was not damaged, but my concern is that a buyer couldn’t be certain of the condition of the dash.

PLEASE don’t tell me not to sell it! LOL. It’s already a hard enough decision.

My initial thought would be to remove it. That would remove all doubt and you wouldn't have to answer that question 100 times even though you also have it in the description. You could then include it as an add on if the new owner would want to add it back.

I would return everything to stock as much as possible, especially if you’re listing this on BAT. That pod looks really out of place and would turn some people off for sure. The peanut gallery there can be ruthless on something that’s relatively trivial to most enthusiasts.

When in doubt, always go stock

You didn't ask, but I'd remove the daytime running lights as well. Especially since you are getting professional photos and putting it on BAT.

Edit, and the tint too. You're so close to 100% stock, you might as well make it that way.

I agree that you should try to get the car as stock as possible prior to listing on BAT. I also have a silver 2003 with just under 48k miles on it so I'll be paying especially close attention to the auction. Not planning to sell mine anytime soon, but I always like to know the state of the current market. Best of luck for the auction!

Agree with everything above. I'm notified whenever a NSX is listed on BAT and the totally stock ones do significantly better than anything that is even lightly modified/changed.

Just piling on -- go stock. As an owner of a 32k mi 2003 Sliver/Onyx, I'll be rooting for you on BAT.
NSX for 50th birthday; what replaces it for 66th birthday? : )

Just piling on -- go stock. As an owner of a 32k mi 2003 Sliver/Onyx, I'll be rooting for you on BAT.
NSX for 50th birthday; what replaces it for 66th birthday? : )
Nothing will replace my friend.
There will be a hole…
OK, that sounds melodramatic! LOL.
I’m still driving my 2012 Acura TSX wagon as my daily driver. I’m leaving my high performance days behind me.

I really hate the idea of removing the window tint. I just replaced it last year and it is very high quality and lasted 15 years.
OK, the DR lights are easily removed with no visible damage but I’ll leave the wires there for the new owner.
Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the help, guys.

I’m not much of a self promoter so this may be a bit late but the auction on BaT ends tomorrow.

What a clean car. Should be bidded higher. Good luck in the last two hours of this auction!

I prepped my 2003 NSX for sale two years ago but couldn’t pull the trigger…
View attachment 174790
Now it’s time! I am detailing it for a photo shoot and will have it on BaT in the next few weeks.
It has 49,000 miles, I am the second owner (16 years) and it is unmodified except for added daytime running lights, window tint, cup holder and Harmon-Kardon audio input system that plugs in where the CD player would fit. The HK unit was designed for iPods but also has a 3.5mm input jack.
View attachment 174792
But I need your opinions: should I remove the Harmon-Kardon audio interface before the sale or leave it in case the buyers want to use the input jack?
The interior control unit was mounted on a separate panel so the dash was not damaged, but my concern is that a buyer couldn’t be certain of the condition of the dash.

PLEASE don’t tell me not to sell it! LOL. It’s already a hard enough decision.
I'm learning so much about the car I purchased! =)

Back