• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM UEGO. get 1 or go fancy get 2, 1 for each bank?

I saw another member mentioned he's getting 1 for each bank. But is there a point to that? Nobody tunes per bank right?

And it got me thinking does anyone have experience with NSX v6 tuning whereas the cylinder fuel/ignition trim is actually set different?! I guess to truly do that you'd have to monitor each cylinder individually with temp probes and/or UEGO... or the most fancy would be in cylinder motorsports pressure sensor (i remember Racecar Engineering had ads for those probes, never priced them though).

Last edited:
I saw another member mentioned he's getting 1 for each bank. But is there a point to that? Nobody tunes per bank right?

And it got me thinking does anyone have experience with NSX v6 tuning whereas the cylinder fuel/ignition trim is actually set different?! I guess to truly do that you'd have to monitor each cylinder individually with temp probes and/or UEGO... or the most fancy would be in cylinder motorsports pressure sensor (i remember Racecar Engineering had ads for those probes, never priced them though).

I've heard of people running 0, 1, or 2. I personally run 1. It's on the bank that tends to run "leaner" but I forget which one that is...

Not sure if getting 2 is really needed or if it adds any more benefit but I'm going to assume if you're tuner uses it then yes.

The few people or rather one person I know that doesn't run gauges just goes by the fact that most of them are wrong anyways or way off.

I've heard of people running 0, 1, or 2. I personally run 1. It's on the bank that tends to run "leaner" but I forget which one that is...

Not sure if getting 2 is really needed or if it adds any more benefit but I'm going to assume if you're tuner uses it then yes.

The few people or rather one person I know that doesn't run gauges just goes by the fact that most of them are wrong anyways or way off.

there's a bank that runs leaner? why would that be? it's a 90 deg v and it stands pretty much vertical. AFAIK IM and EM are pretty symmetrical. what would be the reason one bank runs leaner?

there's a bank that runs leaner? why would that be? it's a 90 deg v and it stands pretty much vertical. AFAIK IM and EM are pretty symmetrical. what would be the reason one bank runs leaner?

I have no idea, but it's true that one bank tends to run leaner. If it's not hopefully someone can chime in but that's what I was told and what I've read on prime :wink:

You could install a X pipe and place on in there.

You would then be monitoring both banks as they merge.

I have two. Which actually proved to be a good idea. It helped me figure out that I had a wiring issue and my rear bank wasn't engaging VTEC because the AFR's were different up top.

I have two. Which actually proved to be a good idea. It helped me figure out that I had a wiring issue and my rear bank wasn't engaging VTEC because the AFR's were different up top.

one had vtec and one had none? wow. got any AFR logs of that? how about when functional please post some logs of AFR from both bank under WOT.

one had vtec and one had none? wow. got any AFR logs of that? how about when functional please post some logs of AFR from both bank under WOT.

Yeah, it was my fault. I have the original AEM that has the little extension for the vtec wiring and I put the one controlling the rear bank one pin off on the wiring harness....
I believe the AFR's separated about 1 point with the rear reading richer since it wasn't breathing and burning the fuel as well. If I get a chance I'll post the logs before and after. Needless to say....the car is night and day as far as power with the vtec working correctly.

We recommend having sensors in the two individual cylinder banks if possible, as the efficiency of the individual banks does change based on engine speed - perhaps from resonance through the power band.

We make an install kit that makes installing the pair a snap, and have a bracket coming out the secures both to the firewall. Install kit:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/AEM/inline_wideband/

cheers,
-- Chris

I'd be curious to know if any of the versions of the AEM EMS can tune each bank interdependently.

I just looked through my AEMPro v1.0 and found no individual cylinder trim function. A quick look at AEM's web site and even for EMS Series 2 there doesn't appear to be such a function offered.

I just looked through my AEMPro v1.0 and found no individual cylinder trim function. A quick look at AEM's web site and even for EMS Series 2 there doesn't appear to be such a function offered.

Cylinders for fuel trim based on O2 feedback are setup by first setting up sensors under setup > sensors > O2 sensors. Then, to link the individual cylinder's fuel injector to the appropriate O2 sensor by going to options > injector. Cylinder numbering is in factory order (1-3 for rear bank and 4-6 for front bank) and typically you use O21 for cylinders 1-3 - however, you need to verify that the rear bank is wired in to the O21 input channel. Lastly, enable O2 feedback by going to fuel > O2 sensor feedback.

Series 2 is similar, however the wizard is used.

-- Chris

On my Series 2, I have one wideband O2 sensor on each bank, and I've personally tuned the O2 feedback for each bank such that it is pulling about 5% of fuel for all parts of my map (through a bunch of tedious street logging). The max fuel that O2 feedback can add/subtract is set to the standard +/- 10% for me. Just to be safe.

Dave

Last edited:
Back