• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After 2 years....

After 2 years of saying "I think it will be finished in another month", it's still not ready. But it's getting closer.

Midnight pearl, Comptech Widebody, '02 headlights, 14" Brembos, 18 & 19" Racing Hart, Sparco seats,

Attachments

• NSX 800.jpg
    NSX 800.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20,436
I can count on one hand the number of times I have said this about a "customized" NSX - but - here it goes...

STUNNING!

there - that wasn't so hard now was it!

;)

Nice!!!
More pics Please!

Finally!!!

NSXWIND said:
sweet :biggrin:

btw how you get 2000 midnight pearl??? :confused:

hmmm... 2000 Monaco Blue Pearl NSX -> Midnight Pearl Comptech Widebody NSX

Ironically, Ralph/PorknBeanz owned a 1995 Midnight Pearl while out in California!

Ralph, it's about darn time! Finally... :D

PorknBeanz said:
After 2 years of saying "I think it will be finished in another month", it's still not ready. But it's getting closer.

Midnight pearl, Comptech Widebody, '02 headlights, 14" Brembos, 18 & 19" Racing Hart, Sparco seats,

Very nice but how in the hell do you get that thing over speed bumps and up your driveway???

supra2nv said:
ahhh...that was better than looking at playboy! please, more pics:)

come on, lets get serious :eek: LOL

Damn, I normally don't like extensive body kits but that looks GOOOOOOD. Nice job, that is spectacular!

It is gorgeous, PorknBeanz!
I hope my car looks half as good as yours! Probably another month wait.
Are your wheels 18x9 and 19x10.5? What are the offsets of your wheels?
I don't mean to criticize, but I think the rear wheels could be pushed out a little more to make them flush with the fender. Otherwise, the fitment of the kit looks first-rate. Congratulations!

:biggrin: Oh boy, oh boy! That is one sick car! Post more pics please!!!

PorknBeanz said:

Holy nice !!!!!!!

You'r X looks so great :eek:

By the way, does Comptech Widebody fit '02 headlight ? Also do they discontinue the widebody production ? :confused:

monarch_kiss said:
By the way, does Comptech Widebody fit '02 headlight ? Also do they discontinue the widebody production ? :confused:

you can have Comptech widebody fit 02 headlights with deep pocket and a experienced body shop. :biggrin:

not sure if Comptech discontinue their widebody kit (not on their web anymore) but if you look harder you can always find replica of it

Thanks for the compliments.

The car was originally blue, but I always liked my '95 midnight pearl, so since most of the car had to be repainted anyway, it became a 2000 midnight pearl.

I agree that the rear wheels could come out some more. The rear wheels are 19x10 with a +42mm offset and 275/30 tires. In addition, there is a 38mm spacer so that the wheel doesn't contact those massive F-50 Brembo calipers. I thought that would be enough to fill the wheel well, but it looks like I still need another inch or so. I dont want to have 3" spacers, so I might have to sell the wheels and get a new set with custom offsets. It's only money.

The Comptech kit does not fit the '02 headlights. It is a massive amount of work to get those headlights in there. Lots of extra fiberglass work. A different support structure, etc. The front bumber took 6 months by itself.

I have to thank Comptech for giving me a deal on the widebody kit. They read about how Alex Chiu of ACR Motorsports stole my money and they felt sorry for me.

No more photos until about May 15. That's when I'll be visiting Texas (and my car) again.

Beautiful congratulations. She's screaming for 19X13 with a 315-25-19 Continental ContiSport2 tire.I will be running same tire on my non widebody. Makes me miss my midnight pearl 1995 I sold in 1999.Please post more pics diff angles and such. If you need to have a wheel made I can lead you in right direction.BTW isn't it nice when stuff turns out the way you dreamed it would?

Back